Sydney

Boom Boom Says Lil' Louis (Chicago) - Saturday July 21st

All About:

Description:

Boom Boom is proud to announce for one night only one of the founders of House – Lil’ Louis.

Lil’ Louis aka Louis Sims has been DJing since 1974 and since then has mastered and created what we call “House” today. His flair and energy behind the decks...

Page 2 of 3
  Tools
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145
The response for this event has been amazing.. Really excited to see so many people grab a ticket to what is going to be one of the biggest gigs of the year. This is Louis first time in Australia and he will be recording for his up coming film..

So get ready - we are going to give you something special and all we ask in return is for you to give it to the dance floor and show us what you got

Tickets are still available at: http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?378434

Grab yours now and start counting down the days!

Where were you when Lil' Louis played in Sydney?
Boom Boom
Boom Boom Says DJ Qu (Strength Music, NYC) - Saturday October 26th
More info: http://boomboom.net.au
scott1 +

Times thanked
< 24

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

Where were you when Lil' Louis played in Sydney?

Front & center my good man ; )
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
< 217
Tell me more about the possibility of feed.....
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmenyC View Post

Tell me more about the possibility of feed.....

Few of my friends run restaurants and other cools ventures

So I've locked in some free gelato sorbet from one of Sydney's finest establishments for a bit of an aperitif.. Speaking to another good friend who runs an amazing restaurant to get some amazing little tapas!

You guys will need the fuel!
Boom Boom
soulofsydney +

Times thanked
< 4
seriously cant wait for this one..nice work on this booking lads
SOUL OF SYDNEY:
funk | disco | hip hop | afro beat | house

Co-Presenting
SOUL OF SYDNEY: SUNDAY 'FUNK' BLOCK-PARTIES, STREET PARTIES & WAREHOUSE JAMS (DURING SUMMER)
SPIRIT OF HOUSE TRIBUTE PARTIES
Zeus383 +

Times thanked
< 105
Praying to god this is close to martin place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post

NEWSFLASH: Mainstream popular DJs disliked by underground music enthusiasts

kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145
10 minutes walk
Boom Boom
Underdog +

meh

Times thanked
< 33

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzzy View Post

10 minutes walk

If that, you must be a slow walker
hellbent +

What is this **** of a thing????

Times thanked
< 106
Is there an outdoor area as well?
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145
No outdoor area - just an indoor smoking area/lounge.. YEP!
Boom Boom
hellbent +

Times thanked
< 106
ah nice. Seriously excited for this.
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145
Dear Boom Boom supporters

It is with great regret that I’m having to write this message to you girls and boys … Due to a massive f_ck up from Air Canada and mother nature, Lil’ Louis -- one of the founders of House music -- will not be able to do his Australian tour as planned.

Louis was flying from Chicago and his flight was delayed due to an electrical storm in Chicago. During a stopover the airline lost his records and belongings. Whilst waiting in Toronto overnight, we have been on the phones non-stop trying to locate his bags and exploring alternative solutions to get Louis here in time for his gig. Sadly, we have been unsuccessful.

We are obviously disappointed with this news, as we had been putting the finishing touches on what would have been a major highlight. Most of all, we are disappointed for you – our supporters. We hope you are understanding of our situation.

But all is not lost -- we also want to make it up to you by putting on one kick-as$ party this Saturday at a special discounted ticket price of $15.

We are running with a slightly different line up that will still feature a one-of-a-kind venue, premium sound system and an all-star line up of Sydney’s best DJs, including:

· Simon Caldwell (Mad Racket)
· The Paradise Lost Crew
· Kali (Picnic)
· Ken Cloud (Mad Racket)
· CO-OP
· House Your Soul
· Our House/Soul of Sydney

If this still doesn’t satisfy you, then we’ll offer a full refund.

Please contact me on info@boomboom.net.au if you are feelin’ it and want to be part of the action on Saturday night or if you have any more questions in regards to the refund.

It’s times like this I wish teleportation was a reality

Aight guys – see you on Saturday for a dance and a drink

Love

Karim
Boom Boom
Basics +

Times thanked
< 2
ouch, so whats the go guys are you holding the tix for a refund or trying to book another night in the no too distant future?

shit happens, mad props for getting somat together at last minute notice
Two steps further than any other f***er
turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,434
That's still a mad local lineup fo' sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashedman

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,994
bummer dude. thats sucks.
soundcloud
mixcloud
suparockin +

Times thanked
< 1
Ah fuck, that sucks. Still it should be a fun night regardless.
Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid.

The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom. That would kill him!
CO-OP +

Times thanked
< 20
I'm sure anyone who has ever toured an international artist (which would be everyone on the revised line-up for a start) sympathises with a promoter in this predicament - you put time, thought, energy and, of course, money, into something you believe in and for reasons totally out of your hands, all that gets derailed at the last minute. A sorry situation for all concerned - I think Karim deserves a group hug on Saturday night.

Sadly, this isn't the last time this will happen to an Australian tour but hopefully the Sydney heads continue to polish their dancing footwear for the newly localised line-up for this weekend's Boom Boom. CO-OP and friends will do our very best to do justice to what might have been (and no doubt will be at some time in the future).

Get yourself into it...

Media Player
Groove Box - Casio's Theme - YouTube
CO-OP KEEP DEEP

CO-OP & Picnic present GERD JANSON (Running Back - Germany)
Saturday 24th November
Tatlers
Tickets: http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?419913

FACEBOOK GROUP http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...s/55535203660/
itis-sullo +

Times thanked
< 12
Unfortunate... but at the same time that is a solid local line up - nice work Karim, wish I could be there!

I'd imagine this to still be a memorable night if the venue + sound system live up to expectations!
The Spice Cellar
Basement Level, 58 Elizabeth St, Martin Pl

http://www.soundcloud.com/sullo/
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145
Thanks guys - it's quite unfortunate, this tour and gig has been in the working for the last 2 years and Louis is absolutely crushed that he isn't here. But ce la vie the party will still go on. Boom Boom isn't just about the internationals but more about the vibe and quality of party we can presents.

The venue and location is such a unique gem here in Sydney it would be insane not to attend especially with the amount of work we have put into the preparation into this event.

I'm thankful for the support of my fellow peers and punters as they have all come together and will be digging deep into their collection of music to showcase some of the best disco and house from the 70's, 80's and 90's and a few new gems from the 00's..

Refunds
As with all tickets on RA - We don't get paid till 1 week after the party, though I'm going to man up and pay out of my own pocket to make sure you guys get what you deserve..

We will be asking all ticket holders who attend to come and we will give you your ticket price - $15 back.

Ie. $50 ticket = $35 back.

We will give this to you on entry and you can spend it on drinks Win win! We will not be able to give back the booking fee as this is RA.

If you still don't want to come then just email me at info [at] boomboom.net.au with your Paypal details and I'll shoot the cash back to you once RA hits me with the cash x

Fun Stuff
We will be giving the punters a whole array of awesome stuff as well as an amazing venue, shit crazy sound system and all star local line up..

- Greek Tapas
- Champagne
- Jaeger Bombs
- Gelato from Gelato Messina

I'll keep on digging through a few more connections I have to make sure you guys the punters have a fun experience and more

Thanks again guys for all the kind messages it means a lot that I have the support of the underground and the party people!

Let's do it..

Location and more will be located at http://www.boomboom.net.au

Karim x
Boom Boom
Instant Sam +

Times thanked
< 21
Man what a let down! Good recovery though Karim - we will be there.
Clonakilla +

Times thanked
< 45
Bummer dude but my emails are bouncing back at that address
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clonakilla View Post

Bummer dude but my emails are bouncing back at that address

grr..

Can you try info [at] karimpresents.com

Sorry bro!
Boom Boom
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,229
shit to hear dude, solid work on the fill ins though
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
mags +

Times thanked
< 146
I reckon that because of the circumstances this will be one of those very special nights that people remember for a long time, and am almost even more devo to be outta town on Saturday. All those talented and passionate local crews pulling together is really nice to see and the vibe will be wicked. Good for you for putting this together as an alternative, Karim.

(Oh my, just read Gelato Messina. Stop it! Waaaah.)
4our | A BYO warehouse party
May 18 | Happy Endings at Fredas w/ Zeus (Compound)
May 24 | 4our presents Annabelle Gaspar & Hannah Lockwood (live), Imperial Cabaret Room
soundcloud
JackT +

ugh-ed out

Times thanked
< 204
This new party looks really good! See you there.
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
< 217

Quote:

Originally Posted by mags View Post

I reckon that because of the circumstances this will be one of those very special nights that people remember for a long time, and am almost even more devo to be outta town on Saturday. All those talented and passionate local crews pulling together is really nice to see and the vibe will be wicked. Good for you for putting this together as an alternative, Karim.

(Oh my, just read Gelato Messina. Stop it! Waaaah.)

I will be ever the gentleman in your absence, and do you the great service of consuming your share. In your honour of course!
mags +

Times thanked
< 146
^^^^ Double waaah! If they have 'hello sailor' please eat it ALL.
May 24 | 4our presents Annabelle Gaspar & Hannah Lockwood (live), Imperial Cabaret Room
soundcloud
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145
It's a damn shame ya not going to be there Mags Though rip Melbourne a new one for us
Boom Boom
mags +

Times thanked
< 146
I'll be missing youse approximately 2am Sunday

On the upside, pretty much the only one, this means I get to see Lil' Louis when you reschedule!
soundcloud
scott1 +

Times thanked
< 24
Shaping up to a big one tomorrow night. All our crew are still bang up for it & team CO-OP have been digging deep...see u on the dance floor.
hellbent +

Times thanked
< 106
bummer to hear this....But will still be going
deepbeetzz +

Extension.666

Times thanked
< 30
Good show ITM, supporting the local dudes. Im proud to b an itm'r
soundcloud
johony +

nm u

Times thanked
< 7
Awesome night - DJs were excellent, soundsystem was a jawdropper. Loved the venue, it reminded me of being at a blue light disco with the community hall feel!

kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145
Huzzah!

Wow! What a night..

I just would like to say thank you to everyone who was involved:

- Simon (Mad Racket)
- James (CO-OP)
- Carly (Picnic)
- Arthur/George (House Your Soul)
- Phi Toke (Our House)
- Harry/Brut (Paradise Lost Crew)
- Clarisse
- Vivi
- V
- Dimitri from the Helenic Club

All the DJ's played spot on and came together to make something really special.. Boom Boom parties are all about making sure we have the right ingredients which are great DJs, great sound and a great atmosphere. Last night was a great indication where we are going with this party and it wouldn't be where it is without the support of many of the people who played last night and the people who came down to boogie..

Once again - thanks again to everyone who came down and had a good night..

I'm going for a little vacation in a few weeks so stay tuned for our next party. The Boom Boom Sound System is also available for hire if anyone is keen. Hit me up on info (at) karimpresents.com if you want more details..

Aight guys!

Lots of Love

x
Boom Boom
Wowk +

Has got special powers and he's got lots of friends

Times thanked
< 512
It was a shame that Lil' Louis cancelled, but the party was still kickin'. Huge turnout and awesome music. Who was the DJ playing off Traktor? Stoked as fuck he played LFO and Passion

I really liked the two DJs playing before him (one of them was using old school stick headphones) and the guy afterwards as well. Had to leave about 2:30 so didn't get to see anyone elese, but for the three or so hours I was there I was having a ball

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyentist

More than 23 Australians like techno (and I can prove it)...
http://soundcloud.com/groups/techno-fans-australia

V-Tron +

hmmm

Times thanked
< 2,681

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wowk View Post

It was a shame that Lil' Louis cancelled, but the party was still kickin'. Huge turnout and awesome music. Who was the DJ playing off Traktor? Stoked as fuck he played LFO and Passion

I really liked the two DJs playing before him (one of them was using old school stick headphones) and the guy afterwards as well. Had to leave about 2:30 so didn't get to see anyone elese, but for the three or so hours I was there I was having a ball

James from CO-OP. The guys before him were House Your Soul (Arthur and George).
"It was like he was being given a tabasco enema."
djkali +

Times thanked
< 8
It was such a great night! Shame I couldn't have been there all night! I loved playing to the room! Great space, awesome sound and such a joy to use that delicious mixer (after the first couple of mixes )

Good job Karim!! You did amazing!
PICNIC TOURING & EVENTS.
www.picnicstuff.com.au
check out some PICNIC love: http://www.inthemix.com.au/allabout/.../648325/Picnic
scott1 +

Times thanked
< 24
Top night all round, loved the system, venue was great, crowd we're all up for it & some top tunes played all night...thanks for having us BOOM BOOM.

& Wowk was a pleasure to meet you & first time I've played LFO in years so good to see it get such a response all these years on from it's original release.
kzzy +

Saturday October 29th..

Times thanked
< 145
Hell yeah.. I can honesty say that was an amazing experience. It was great to see all these parties combine together and show Sydney what we are all about. Every single person that played on the night showed and highlighted what I personally believe are the unique and special qualities that each of their nights represent.

There were a few little issues though we are going to get them rectified for the next party..

Till then thanks again - people came and they danced.. x
Boom Boom
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 861
http://www.whoislillouis.com/

WOW.

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

Last edited by Acperience 1: 30-Nov-12 at 03:21pm

agvicsa +

Times thanked
< 373
Sounds like a nightmare the whole debarcle, But why did you advertise Louis before he confirmed? Is this the norm these days?
Hard-drinking, party-rebel, known for his irreverent attitude, wild antics & a flair for turning friends into enemies, is asking for an unspecified amount of compensatory, exemplary & punitive damages
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 861
8 pages of discussion on RA here, with Marshall Jefferson even having a say -

http://www.residentadvisor.net/forum...=214305&page=8

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

hubris +

Times thanked
< 12
Will give it a proper read later but skimming the website and RA thread, i'm very sorry this happened. its just uncool
m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
< 1,488
According to the email transcripts on the site Kzzy put up, Lil Louis claimed to have no relation to Youri, before further correspondence with Youri took place?.. or am I reading it backward?
Check it ****s.
Soundcloud

LAZE
JovanS +

Times thanked
< 108
Was a really interesting read.

I can't believe how much of a drama queen Lil' Louis seems to be. Does he not spend money on anything in life? WTF
Got to say, no way in hell would I pay 100% of a tour fee prior to the artist arriving. Especially when it's $11500. I'd rather miss out on the artist, then to take that kind of risk.

I can't believe this guy actually feels he deserves to keep the tour fee.

Unbelievable.

Like to add, it's really cool to read the behind the scenes stuff of what goes into organising a tour.
Also some nice insight on just how well Artists tend to be looked after.
hubris +

Times thanked
< 12
what a ****
danjuan +

Times thanked
< 94

Quote:

Originally Posted by JovanS View Post

Was a really interesting read.

I can't believe how much of a drama queen Lil' Louis seems to be. Does he not spend money on anything in life? WTF
Got to say, no way in hell would I pay 100% of a tour fee prior to the artist arriving. Especially when it's $11500. I'd rather miss out on the artist, then to take that kind of risk.

I can't believe this guy actually feels he deserves to keep the tour fee.

Unbelievable.

Like to add, it's really cool to read the behind the scenes stuff of what goes into organising a tour.
Also some nice insight on just how well Artists tend to be looked after.

Such a debacle and the writing was on the wall early. Bringing the whole mess public..

This is not a reflection of what goes into organising a tour..

Best of luck getting the money back though, costs for international legal disputes a terribly costly, would imagine it would cost loads more to recover the funds.

wearenovel.com.au
facebook.com/weareNovel
facebook.com/letthemeatcakenyd
facebook.com/summerseries
facebook.com/strangerthantechno
jordan__ +

Times thanked
< 1,901
Before reading all of the comments on RA and just from reading the email exchanges, dude seems like a massive douche...

Good luck getting the money back!

Channel Pulse #14 | Full Power Head Trip

Anomaly

playing next at
/// 10th October, Anomaly & Eighty Nine present DJ Spider

special ed +

spesh

Times thanked
< 2,994
I gotta say I think the whole thing has been handled pretty poorly (on both sides)

however i agree, Lil louis sounds like a dick.
His rider is laughable. who does he think is, Madonna?
soundcloud
mixcloud
JovanS +

Times thanked
< 108
Karim Presents are going through with legal action.

http://pulseradio.net/articles/2012/...g-dj-lil-louis
Page 2 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »