Sydney

WAREHOUSE: People Must Jam presents LEO ZERO (UK/Popular People's Front/+) 25 Aug '12

All About:

All About

+Follow

Add Follows

Stay informed about your favourite artists and events. We'll email you whenever there is new events, news or content posted about your favourite things. Simply select those you want to be notified about View my Follows |  Follow Settings

• Secret Warehouse TBA
  • Pete Dot
  • Matt Trousdale
Cancel Finish

Description:

After our roadblocked June party with Frank Booker, PMJ proudly bring you Leo Zero from the UK, in his debut and only Australian show.

Leo has been involved with the underground music scene for almost 20 years, and as co promoter of London’s legendary Soulsonic treated a clued up...

Tools
People Must Jam +

Times thanked
< 0
WAREHOUSE: People Must Jam presents LEO ZERO (UK/Popular People's Front/+) 25 Aug '12
After our roadblocked June party with Frank Booker, People Must Jam proudly bring you Leo Zero from the UK, in his debut and only Australian show.

Leo has been involved with the underground music scene for almost 20 years, and as co promoter of London’s legendary Soulsonic treated a clued up crowd to an eclectic mix of Balearic / House and Disco classics for over ten successful years.

He’s also been no slouch in the studio either, with big remixes for Florence & The Machine, Bryan Ferry, Paul Welller and last but not least Madonna. He also founded one of the first UK edit labels Easter Bay, which counted DJ Harvey and Idjut Boys as fans.

As a producer he formed psychedelic band A Mountain of One in 2007, and he’s also recorded several EPs with Chris Duckenfield as Popular People's Front.

In 2010 he released the compilation, ‘Disconnect’ on Strut Records and in 2012 released his first artist album ‘Acid Life’, which saw Leo go back to his House and Techno roots to rave reviews.

Leo’s talent hasn’t ever been confined to music either. He’s been involved in flyer/sleeve art for most of his life and provided designs for Junior Boys Own, Heavenly Records, Electric Stew, Dazed & Confused and Time Out, you can check out his great designs and more over at www.leozero.com.

Expect an extended, eclectic set from Leo, with support from residents Pete Dot, Matt Trousdale and JMS.

Again this event will be held in a great warehouse space, with full facilities provided to keep your drinks chilled on the night so remember to BYO. This is Leo’s only Oz show this tour, so don't miss out.

Tickets are $20 and are available now via residentadvisor.net, or $30 on the door. As our past parties have sold out, we would recommend grabbing one whilst you can.

Final venue details will be emailed to ticket holders and our mailing list the week of the party.

To get added to the list drop us a line to peoplemustjam@gmail.com and we will keep you in the loop.
People Must Jam +

Times thanked
< 0
http://www.peoplemustjam.blogspot.com

Jump on our blog for all the details as we reveal them plus other features, mixes and interviews
Mr Ploppy +

DIGITONIC

Times thanked
< 2
Sweet booking. Lock me in..
People Must Jam +

Times thanked
< 0
http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?379414 direct link to where you can buy tickets,,,
People Must Jam +

Times thanked
< 0
http://youtu.be/k8udOS8PD9M

One of thousands of Leo Zero edits and things - this one Eric B and Rakim!
Loud Minority +

Times thanked
< 0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ulhrP90AKM

Chaka Khan getting the Popular People's Front treatment...
Loud Minority +

Times thanked
< 0
Leo Zero promo mix coming very soon....
Underdog +

meh

Times thanked
< 33
Happy Friday!,
With a little over a week to go until our next event, we thought we would share this great mix and Q & A that Leo has put together for the lovely people over at Oyster Mag, you can check it out at this here - Eric Clapton, meditation, trifle and the Slovenian X Factor Judge all get an airing / mention - tres Balearic!!

For those who have not yet grabbed a $20 presale ticket, these are still available via residentadvisor.net, buy now and save some money to put towards your BYO! Otherwise they will $30 on the door if not sold out.

Dont forget this is Leo’s debut and only Oz show this tour.

Final venue details will be emailed to ticket holders and our list members towards the end of next week week, in the meantime keep an eye on the Facebook event page for developments.

People Must Jam
NEVER MIND THE BALEARICS! TROPICAL DISCO AND BEYOND!, BACK REAL SOON - SIGN UP HERE
JJ-James +

Times thanked
< 5
sweet track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TepwPhF0sWE
Underdog +

meh

Times thanked
< 33
For those who've grabbed tickets or are on our mailing list already, venue deets will be coming out later today / tomorrow - keep an eye on those inboxes
Underdog +

meh

Times thanked
< 33
**VENUE DEETS HAVE BEEN RELEASED INTO THE WILD!**

Check your inboxes and if you ain't got them hit up peoplemustjam@gmail.com

cyba_bunnie +

Times thanked
< 0
Ok so i'm probably in the wrong area, but I just wanted to say what an awesome party that was! Great people & rocking vibe! I especially wanted to say a big thank you to the cutie (that was on the dancefloor) that was wearing a black beanie & a white t-shirt with a skull on the front. I'm sorry we never got to talk, but I thought you were super cute & you made me smile! You may remember me, I was the girl that smiled at you on the couches (at the beginning) & I kept pulling my boots up on the dancefloor hehehe Hugs!***
Underdog +

meh

Times thanked
< 33
^^ Cyba good to hear you had a good night - was a real fun crowd and great vibe.

Our next gig will be on 6 October - more details to follow later this week maybe your friend will be at the next one!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »