Critique Our Tracks!

Two tracks for review [electronic/pop/indie]

Tools
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 96
Two tracks for review [electronic/pop/indie]
Have these tracks on my unearthed page. Haven't put them up on the cloud yet because I might make a few more additions, mixing revisions to them but I'm pretty happy with we're that in terms of arrangement. It would be great to hear your take on them as well. I'll make an effort over the next couple of days to post some feedback for others, it'd be great if you could do the same here or on Unearthed.

http://triplejunearthed.com/andrewohalloran

My personal favourite is Audiofile.
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 96
Have added another to the page, will be sending them off for some masters shortly. If anyone could take a listen and offer critiques before I do so, it'd be greatly appreciated.

http://triplejunearthed.com.au/andrewohalloran
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69
I can't comment on the style but the tracks all sound pro to me. I liked Audiophile the most, actually (listening to again) that's a really nice piece of work there mate.
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 96
Much obliged Joe, thanks for your kind words. You have something I could listen to at the moment too?
Joe-Trojan +

distorted distortion

Times thanked
< 69
No prob, just being honest. I have some preview clips up on my soundcloud. All 5 got released a few days ago, a touch different to your stuff.
soundcloud
wits +

Times thanked
< 0
Airey- it sounds nice and theres good layering of elements. the opening bass line that continues through the track sounds almost exactly like the main line from Sexy Boy by Air - not sure if that's deliberate or subconscious.

Audiofile- really atmospheric chilled out vibe-personnaly i would love to hear some vocal samples or a changeup to the drums to add some interest and evolution, without disrupting the overall chill
Places- really digging this, groovy, funky beats, nice synths and risers- more my style. great work
[soundcloud][http://soundcloud.com/witstowear
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 96
Probably slightly subconscious but I had La F'Emme D'argent in mind with the keys chord progression, but it's true, that's a closer resemblance for sure with the bass and Sexy Boy.

Audiofile could do with some variation for sure, but just had it mastered, it was one that had been there for a while and just needed sending off. Vocals would change it up a fair bit I reckon which is something I might revisit later.

- thanks Diituning!

Places - thanks mate!
Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 96

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe-Trojan View Post

No prob, just being honest. I have some preview clips up on my soundcloud. All 5 got released a few days ago, a touch different to your stuff.

That's awesome, well done mate. Still chasing one myself. I'll have a listen on the cloud.
meldavid +

I used to be a raver like you, but then I took a kick to the knee.

Times thanked
< 531
I like Audiofile, can I remix it? Or at least redo the violin part for you? I have some new VSL libraries I want to try out.

Last edited by meldavid: 03-Sep-12 at 04:31am

Fewsion +

Registered troll

Times thanked
< 96
I've just had the bastard mastered, but I'd be interested to hear something of a nicer quality. It really was a computer part played in a couple of minutes and left loose, certainly not symphonic or orchestrally superb. Which would you prefer to do, remix or redo strings?

Last edited by Fewsion: 03-Sep-12 at 12:44pm

meldavid +

I used to be a raver like you, but then I took a kick to the knee.

Times thanked
< 531
Can you email me the MIDI file for the track and I'll remap my own instruments to it? I'll PM you my email address. I know I can redo the harp and violin at least, probably add more harmonies and replace the beat with a trip-hop beat from Twisted City sample CD. It would probably go towards a more acoustic mix overall.

[Edit: Hey, don't worry about the MIDI file. If I can't work out the chords and melodies on my own then I should probably find another hobby.]

Last edited by meldavid: 04-Sep-12 at 08:33am

« Previous Thread Next Thread »