The DJ Booth

Audactiy recording - fileplay back is slow...

Tools
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Audactiy recording - fileplay back is slow...
...not lag, but just sloooooooow...as in playing back at a good 10-15 BPM slower than what I was playing when recording! Anyone encountered this before?

It also glitched and went into Not Responding and I think missed a few mins, yet to check that out...but that's another story...timing is tracking right, as in the seconds are ticking away on play back as second should, not going slow, but the whole tempo is pitched the fuck back from what I was playing!

Spewing as it was a fucking great wee mix, too, but this big ballsy techno shit sounds all out of whack at around 116 BPM

Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
Birdbrain +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

...not lag, but just sloooooooow...as in playing back at a good 10-15 BPM slower than what I was playing when recording! Anyone encountered this before?

It also glitched and went into Not Responding and I think missed a few mins, yet to check that out...but that's another story...timing is tracking right, as in the seconds are ticking away on play back as second should, not going slow, but the whole tempo is pitched the fuck back from what I was playing!

Spewing as it was a fucking great wee mix, too, but this big ballsy techno shit sounds all out of whack at around 116 BPM

what soundcard did you use to record it/play it back with? could it be some sample rate issue?
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Soundblaster USB card...I've used it loads before without any issues, made no changes to any settings since last mix, hence why I'm pretty befuddled as to why this has happened

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

Birdbrain +

Times thanked
<
have you tried recording something since to see if it was a once off or repeat occurrence?
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Naah, that's next step...and try from internal mic VS the soundcard just to see how the time pans out...like record exactly 15mins of nothing (from phone timer) and see how long the playing time on the file ends up etc etc.

TECHiONE +

Times thanked
<
Check your recording and playback sample rate are set the same.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »