The DJ Booth

How far to take producing?

Tools
joeyheaf +

Times thanked
<
How far to take producing?
So ive come to a point where i either outlay some decent coin to continue on learning and attempting to create something new and creative musically or i try and put my love for music elsewhere.

Is it a necessity to go to a music school and learn the ins and outs of production or if you just put the time in, do you
eventually crack it as i know there are endless video tutorials n lessons out there and often it is just a case of putting the time and effort in to learning your self and listening. I know there is no straight answer but any opinions would be nice.

Seems like every man and his dog are producing atm in Australia, for the producers out there that do this as a hobbie do you wish you did more? Or are you satisfied with what your doing? And for the full throttle cats are you glad you put the time and money into it, or could you have managed another way?

Cheers
Skerik +

naff

Times thanked
<
spending money won't help you create something new and creative musically, spending time will.
.music. .pictures. .project:tryptamine.
Bumpy +

My dick is shrivelled

Times thanked
<
Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,493 Posts
There are many self taught producers who are successful. Talent will win every time.
trouble hifire +

wax addict

Times thanked
<
^^ Agreed, there isn't much that a course will teach you that you can't learn yourself.

That's not to discount some incredible teachers that are around but they won't give you idea, they will only show you techniques for improving your sound which is something that comes with experience anyway.

I say save your money and buy a bit of gear that inspires you (for me it was my maschine for others its synths, drum machines etc)
http://soundcloud.com/hifire

Catch me playing @

Gangarang @ Rumpus Room 8th of June
Junkyard Sessions @ Rumpus Room 16th of June
mjr84 +

Times thanked
<
Make some sacrifices and spend more time and a little more money..

if your struggling technically, spend a some coin and see what happens. If your struggling creatively get some new gear and spend more time and money

Last thing you want to do is look back and wonder what if..
ticketsplease +

Frankee More

Times thanked
<
10 000 hours will get you there if you have no talent. I'm hoping...
http://soundcloud.com/frankeemore

« Previous Thread Next Thread »