Sport and Fitness

NOTHING can stop the blossoming Peaker_derp relationship now!

Tools

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,295 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post

Yep, my only reason for seeing the gp in those cases is to get the Medicare referral.

Yep. For my shoulder the physio, radiologist and surgeon were useful. The GP had NFI and just wrote referrals.

But yeah, straight to the physio first. They know what's going on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

Enlightened, morally strong sports fans follow the NRL.

DuncanM +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,043 Times in 1,073 Posts
I'm getting a 32 kg and a 36 kg from Gumtree for $130. Not quite Brad good, but pretty good nonetheless.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
<
Thanked 5,918 Times in 3,420 Posts
Finally went to a physio about my back after I made it worse on Wednesday. He reckons I've got a bone stress injury in my lower vertebrae, on the left side. My hip is unbalanced and I'm over compensating.

The injury was caused by fatigue from too much volume and too much weight too quickly upon returning to the gym. My body is a mess. At least I'm healthy though

Recovery is going to be tough.
gotamangina +

o.O

Times thanked
<
Thanked 9,243 Times in 4,157 Posts
Forget about working to failure for a while imo.

That's what I'm doing at the moment. it's frustrating, but less so than being as inconsistent as I have been for the last year or so.
Derelict +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

Forget about working to failure for a while imo.

That's what I'm doing at the moment. it's frustrating, but less so than being as inconsistent as I have been for the last year or so.

Not sure I'll ever do max weight squats or deadlifts ever again tbh.

Times thanked
<
Pussies.

Quote:

gotamangina +

o.O

Times thanked
<
Thanked 9,243 Times in 4,157 Posts
All things being ideal, it's a fun way to push yourself. However if you're dealing with biomechanical imbalances or just plain old getting old, it's not always the smartest thing.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,687 Times in 3,877 Posts
We may be old or busted, but at least we're not short.
WalterBrown +

Times thanked
<
oooOOOOOOHHH cheap call there sm ^
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruso View Post

Don't worry. Like his job, relationships and username, it's not permanent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I heartily recommend visiting Budapest; every chick looks like she could've easily done double-anal in a Private movie.

Times thanked
<
Meh.

Quote:

tapout +

tapout 1, utes 0.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,469 Posts
Man i miss this forum
Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence
Derelict +

Times thanked
<
It was good when it was busy hey
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Tobi +

Puck Bunny

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,209 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapout View Post

Man i miss this forum

I miss you too buddy.
Fledz +

Royal Astrological Metaphysician

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,163 Times in 3,050 Posts
So how about those deadlifts ha?

Actually, here's a question. I'm thinking of getting back into the gym after about 3 years to build up a few kilos of muscle I've lost. What's the best way to get back in, just really light weights and low reps the first couple of weeks? No matter what, I know I'm going to be in pain.
KingWicked +

Stuff an' ting

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,647 Times in 2,054 Posts
I followed everyone's recommendation and started with 531. There's an excellent app called Big Lifts 2 to track it all with.
Fledz +

Times thanked
<
Derelict +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fledz View Post

So how about those deadlifts ha?

Actually, here's a question. I'm thinking of getting back into the gym after about 3 years to build up a few kilos of muscle I've lost. What's the best way to get back in, just really light weights and low reps the first couple of weeks? No matter what, I know I'm going to be in pain.

Yep definitely start slow. I've had a few months off now with my back injury that was caused by going too heavy too soon, so gonna start nice and light when I return next week.
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
<
Thanked 6,401 Times in 2,390 Posts
holy shit. this place has died. many said it happened years ago but i think we can call it official. where does everyone post now? theres been 7 posts today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,490 Posts
most of the a league boys have a facebook chat going, that i wouldnt recomend joining for a while, at least until tim and eddie calm down
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 23,515 Times in 10,717 Posts
Yeah the cool kids club is AIDS at the moment, but once Essendon finally get stripped of their points for the next 10 years and have their testicles surgically removed things should settle down a bit.
Anselm +

objects to ITMbook

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,626 Times in 978 Posts
Here's hoping

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmondtigers

His father had a sex change when his mum wanted a kid.

He mutilated his vagina not long afterwards.

To this day it is still in bad shape.

WalterBrown +

Times thanked
<
xfit xfit xfit xfit
Spoiler:

Quote:

Quote:

I heartily recommend visiting Budapest; every chick looks like she could've easily done double-anal in a Private movie.

Tang_ +

Turbo bogan

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,790 Times in 623 Posts
150 active members
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingWicked View Post

I followed everyone's recommendation and started with 531. There's an excellent app called Big Lifts 2 to track it all with.

thanks for the app recomendation, the amount of time i have spent in excel and writing things to take which i forget would fill a workout.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
KingWicked +

Stuff an' ting

Times thanked
<
No worries
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
Well this thread has died in the arse, and Peaker appears to have fucked off for good, so it's about time you lot had a decently sordid story. I can;t give you any tales of having unprotected sex with 18 year old crackwhores (well maybe I can... but I won't ) but I did visit the local rub and tug this afternoon. Read on...

So, it all started with a a 4 hour dive in a sewage channel on friday. As anyone who does my job knows, operating power tools for several hours underwater while wearing two weight belts and a diving helmet is murder on the back. To compound this several hours later I come down with a sudden case of gastro- in addition to squirting like a busted fire hydrant from both ends, every muscle and joint in my body hurts like fuck all weekend. Luckily by monday morning the invincible combination of elcotrolytes, immodium and a immune system finely honed by a quarter century of alcoholic abuse have won the day and I'm back at work. Unusually for me, I spend the entire afternoon at a desk, writing documentation. This all adds to to the fact that by this afternoon my shoulder and lower back are hurting like unlubricated buggery.

Deciding that some sort of relief is in order, I stop by a local massage place. Typical small hole in the wall place offering chinese/thai massage. Tasteful pictures of people lying on white linen getting a wholesome massage in the window. Whitewashed walls. inoffensive piped muzak. And a sign firmly stating “No sex here. We offer a strictly non-sexual service”. Ok. All seems legit then.

I open the door and enquire if they have a masseuse free, the cheerful thai woman waiting in the lobby smiles and says they do, and shows me the prices. $35 for half and hour shoulders and back, seems standard. I then realise I don’t have enough cash so excuse myself to use the ATM, she gives me a cheeky look and say “you cum baaaack!” in more than slightly suggestive way. In retrospect I really should have got the hint then, but I’m not the type to make racist assumptions, am I?

Anyway a few minutes later I’m back and she shows me into the room with the massage table. Still all looks pretty standard. I start stripping out of my overalls and she says “you pay now?” This strikes me as a little odd because normally you’d pay at the end, but whatever. Redfern Waterloo is a sketchy area, maybe some of the locals aren’t good payers. I strip down to my pants and lay face down on the table. Madame masseuse comes back into the room. I hear her rummaging around a bit then she squirts a bit of oil on my back and starts work. she touches the tattoo across my shoulders and says “ooh, sexy.” At this point I’m definitely getting slightly perturbed. But I remind myself that after all the the woman is only human, and has her hands on 94kg of prime NZ beef. Poor thing probably just forgot herself for a moment. Anyway I close my eyes and relax. She’s a competent enough masseuse, but I can’t help thinking that the whole thing is definitely feeling a bit too much on the….sensual side. Occasionally I hear the sound of clothes being adjusted. I really hope she isn’t removing them, and I don’t look up to find out. I try to point her to the sore spots and encourage her to get stuck into them properly. To her credit, she does, and keeps her hands above the hem of my pants. So all in all it’s going ok, except that about 15 minutes in, I hear some old bloke who sounds like a stroke victim come into the store and complain to another staff member that he’d left his phone there. As I said, it’s a weird neighbourhood.

Anyway after 25 minutes or so I’ve had a reasonably satisfactory rub down and she’s hit most of the sore spots, if not really made a good deep impression on them. Then she pauses and asks… “you like happy ending massage?”

Awkward pause… but not too long and awkward, because while I’m a bit slow with reading people’s social cues I’m not a complete sperger and even I was kinda seeing this coming. So I keep my eyes firmly down and reply, “no, just keep working on that shoulder, it’s really stiff”. No double entendre whatsoever.

She replies “aww, you shy!” but complies and keeps working on my knotted right rhomboid muscle. At this point it’s doing the job, but its fair to say I’m starting to feel less than comfortable with the situation. To make matters worse, stroke victim has returned with a friend and they're loudly claiming that they know his phone is there because they tracked it using find my iPhone (how the fuck do disabled houso pensioners afford smartphones anyway?) and they’re about to call the cops. I’m starting to see visions of myself getting caught up in a full scale police raid on an “illegal brothel” wearing nothing but undies and a towel. Fucking great.

Madame masseuse finishes up and asks me if I would like more time. I politely but firmly decline and she towels the excess oil off my back and departs to let me dress. Fortunately I never find out whether or not she got her kit off.

I dress and leave hurriedly. Stroke victim’s mate is still arguing with her workmate near the doorway. I quickly duck across to my car hoping nobody else who knows the place is actually a rub and tug (probably the whole fucking neighbourhood) sees my exit. I feel ashamed and dirty, might as well have got the hand job anyway. But hey, at least I save a few $$ by refusing it. And there’s still a knot in my shoulder. Fuck my life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

not liking yoda is like knocking back a root when presented nude in a YD change room

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischa21 View Post

^mmmm all this talk of meat is getting me excited.

JustinJ +

It was a good speech. Didn't want to interrupt.

Times thanked
<
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,867 Posts
Hi.

So did everybody move to Melbourne and therefore don't need to post about stuff, or obtained gainful employment that takes up a sizeable chunk of posting time?

The latter, yes.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
A bit of both, but mainly just Facebook killing ITM like most other forums.
Fledz +

Times thanked
<
RIP in pieces.
WalterBrown +

Times thanked
<
I think I grew up a bit,

I don't regret a thing, thank god I didn't hurt anybody,

I've got some damn good stories.

Fuck anyone who still doesn't like me
Spoiler:

Quote:

Quote:

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterBrown View Post

I think I grew up a bit,

I don't regret a thing, thank god I didn't hurt anybody,

I've got some damn good stories.

Fuck anyone who still doesn't like me

All good man, that's about how I feel about life. I'm still gonna get absolutely maggotted with you so you wake up in a gutter with a broken dick and a hookers panties on your face if we're ever in the same city though.
KingWicked +

Stuff an' ting

Times thanked
<
Just waiting to get cortisone injection in left shoulder. I am not looking forward to this!!
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
never had one, they hurt? what did you do kw?
KingWicked +

Stuff an' ting

Times thanked
<
It's fucking odd. No pain but it feels heavy/dead and a bit disassociated at the moment with the anaesthetic still working. I've got bursitis - had it for a couple of months now and been putting off the injection while I tried alternative options. Needle wasn't too bad but felt a jolt as it went in to the bursar.
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
I've got bursitis in my right hip, been there close to 2 years. It's annoying, I should prolly try to get it fixed.
KingWicked +

Stuff an' ting

Times thanked
<
Mothrrfuck it hurts now!!!
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
I feel like shit today from the hep A/B tetanus shots I had on tiesday, still better than copping any of those diseases though. At this rate I'm not gonna need travel vaccines when I go on holiday as work is vaccinating me up the eyeballs on everything.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
plus the autism
SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
Herp derp
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
<
Thanked 17,049 Times in 7,537 Posts

Quote:

I feel like shit today from the hep A/B tetanus shots I had on tiesday, still better than copping any of those diseases though. At this rate I'm not gonna need travel vaccines when I go on holiday as work is vaccinating me up the eyeballs on everything.

You'll be able to save money on the bargain rate brothels

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
^shouldve got that happy ending the other day I guess!
KingWicked +

Stuff an' ting

Times thanked
<
What a knob; I should have had this injection six weeks ago! It's starting to kick in and it's only now I realise how truly bad it has been! Moral of the story - listen to your Dr.
WalterBrown +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

You'll be able to save money on the bargain rate brothels

Whateva Eddie,

Everybody knows you get the real cheap girls straight from the streets anyway
Spoiler:

Quote:

Quote:

SpaceMonkey +

FOREVER DOLAN

Times thanked
<
^i thought you got the Chinese take-outs from the ads in the back of the newspaper? Or have you switched to corner crack whores these days?

Last edited by SpaceMonkey: 11-Jul-15 at 12:44pm

Fledz +

Times thanked
<
I resigned yesterday, new job on the 3rd of August. Going to be working with a lot of nurses
WalterBrown +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

^i thought you got the Chinese take-outs from the ads in the back of the newspaper? Or have you switched to corner crack whores these days?

bit rough calling your mum a crack-whore dude^

she's just a woman in need

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:

Quote:

midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
<
Thanked 2,801 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post

plus the autism

Is jnoodles your alter ego?

jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
<
no its not, i saw that on my feed though lol
WalterBrown +

Times thanked
<
dayyum that girl fine tho^
Spoiler:

Quote:

Quote:

Dj Whisper +

Bouncing off clouds

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,092 Times in 588 Posts
If you've got half a day to spare track down the whole album on FB and go through all the photos/comments..

there's going to be a few 18 year olds with post weekend regret hitting hard.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »