Plugging a record player into a portable Bose speaker thingy

Tools
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Plugging a record player into a portable Bose speaker thingy
Had a mate ask me on the weekend about getting a simple record player as she's acquired all her folks vintage wax...first of, she only has a Bose bluetooth speaker box thingy...any clues if you can run a record player through one of these with a phono pre-amp?

Like would RCA from record player into pre-amp and then RCA to 1/4 headphone jack into the AUX input on a speaker like this work?

She's not keen on having to invest in a whole amp + speakers hi fi system + record player
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low

Last edited by Random_Kiwi: 10-Feb-15 at 07:57am

Rocky808 +

My Eyes! The Goggles Do Nothing!

Times thanked
<
I'm not familiar with this particular speaker but I guess it would be like connecting any other powered speaker ie no need for power amps, just need a phono pre-amp
Gruso +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 20,931 Times in 6,226 Posts
Yeah if the thing has a line in, I can't see why it wouldn't be just Turntable > Phono Preamp > BOSE
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Sweet, thanks...I since learnt you can even get turntables with in built amps now, so they run on Line (limited by the internal amp) or Phono output running through a proper amp/pre-amp...far from audiophile shit, but nice and easy for the newby listener
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low

« Previous Thread Next Thread »