The DJ Booth

Odd question for sound guys...

Tools
haikuthompson +

Times thanked
<
Odd question for sound guys...
Hey guys,

Weird ask but thought this might be the place to check - I'm organising at a restaurant as part of a festival to try and have every table hooked up to a microphone to our speaker system.

Obviously, I'll need a PA mixer to blast into our system, but I was curious if there's any type of techngology that allows automatic switching between inputs. So that for an amount of time, a certain table's conversation would be amplified through the restaurant, making for a highly uncomfortably weird situation haha.

Does anyone think this is a possibility?
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
That sounds like a mightily weird thing to do, but would think you would just want wired/wireless mics each running into a separate channel on a mixing desk...up the fader for the table you want at the time...not sure about automating it
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
Gruso +

Times thanked
<
Thanked 20,931 Times in 6,226 Posts
Maybe a mixer with motorised faders? One mic per channel, and someone tricksy to set them up on some sort of timed cycle.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »