Parklife 2010 line-up announced

Ever since inthemix published the dates for Parklife’s 2010 return, anticipation has been bubbling for the unveiling of the line-up. Now we can at last reveal what Fuzzy has in store for its 10th anniversary edition.

Continuing on the trendsetting mould set by last year’s tour, this bill comes stacked with first-time visitors alongside a bevy of proven favourites. Once again, there’s no ordained ‘headliner’, but rather a mix of talent from across the musical spectrum.

Acts sure to rule airwaves this summer like Grum, Darwin Deez and Holy Ghost! – who you can now grab a brand new free download of – will rub shoulders with Fuzzy alumni Soulwax, Groove Armada and Mixmaster Mike. Then of course (in case you didn’t notice) there’s hip hop hitmaker Missy Elliot strutting her stuff here for the first time in six years.

Cementing this as the most non-genre-specific Parklife line-up yet is the inclusion of indie acts like The Wombats and The Dandy Warhols, while fans will be rejoicing at the live return of local heroes Cut Copy. Read on!

Without further ado, this is the 2010 Parklife line-up in alphabetical order.

AC Slater
Ajax
Bag Raiders
Brodinski
Busy P
Chiddy Bang
Classixx
Cut Copy
Dan Black
Darwin Deez
Delorean
Groove Armada
Grum
Gypsy and the Cat (excluding Perth)
Holy Ghost!
The Swiss
The Wombats
Uffie
Washington
Wolf Gang
Yolanda Be Cool vs Dcup

To get better acquainted with the new acts on the lineup, check out ITM’s handy guide to discovering the fresh faces of Parklife 2010!

> Parklife’s New Faces

Here’s when Parklife is stopping in your city.

Gold Coast, Parklands – Sat 25 Sep – JOIN THE ROLLCALL
Perth, Wellington Square – Sun 26 Sep – JOIN THE ROLLCALL
Melbourne, Sidney Myer Music Bowl – Sat 2 Oct – JOIN THE ROLLCALL
Sydney, Kippax Lake – Sun 3 Oct – JOIN THE ROLLCALL
Adelaide, Botanic Gardens – Mon 4 Oct – JOIN THE ROLLCALL

Comments

krewsin

krewsin said on the 8th Jun, 2010

im a little dissapointed too

discotheque

discotheque said on the 8th Jun, 2010

No dubstep, what a shocker.

howzitgarn

howzitgarn said on the 8th Jun, 2010

HAHAHYAHAHAHAHA I expected shit, but even im surprised by how recycled this is

dn-ul

dn-ul said on the 8th Jun, 2010

lol dubstep. line is feels odd. mix master/memory tapes and kele are alright, plus the dandy's

The3rdPlumpDj

The3rdPlumpDj said on the 8th Jun, 2010

im normally not critical of fuzzy but there are too many shrugs of the shoulders on that list... also im wondering what they meant by the press release saying "you will love where we are taking the line up this year..." where exactlly, is that?

danmau5

danmau5 said on the 8th Jun, 2010

You can't bring out big names without recycling, it's the nature of the beast really. Solid lineup, I'm disappointed there was nothing spectacular though.

AliceElizabeth

AliceElizabeth said on the 8th Jun, 2010

LOVE love love it, countdown begins......

elfballblitz

elfballblitz said on the 8th Jun, 2010

Pretty pumped for Jack Beats and AC Slater..

SKIZM_ONE

SKIZM_ONE said on the 8th Jun, 2010

Fantastic lineup! Thankyou Fuzzy

Groove Armada, Classixx, Holy Ghost!, Cut Copy, Grum, Sinden, Uffie = great

daverh

daverh said on the 8th Jun, 2010

I feel like these acts will bring a good vibe to proceedings. Return of Cutters, Holy Ghost!, Classixx, Memory Tapes, Delorean. Some of these acts would only work at Parklife really.

daverh

daverh said on the 8th Jun, 2010

Weqster

Weqster said on the 8th Jun, 2010

What a shocking lineup. Did they court BusyP and give him a 5 year contract at bargin basement prices? Or does he just supply the best gear? His still playing the same records as the first time i saw him with justice at the metro. What a shocker.

i_have_ADD

i_have_ADD said on the 8th Jun, 2010

darwin deez makes me smile!

nauplius

nauplius said on the 8th Jun, 2010

Whoa, they scored Delorean! Woot!

hurley18

hurley18 said on the 8th Jun, 2010

very average lineup, haha Missy Elliot FTW

meow_girrrl

meow_girrrl said on the 8th Jun, 2010

Missy Elliot and Dandy Warhols?? Awesome! I hope the second and third bring more music genres in, maybe a little dub?? Parklife itself is just a great day though and I'm pretty psyched on this new line up.

jetgrrl

jetgrrl said on the 8th Jun, 2010

would not have guessed Missy Elliot!

SqyquesT

SqyquesT said on the 8th Jun, 2010

Not bad at all, would go for Cut Copy and Juggers. That Chiddy Bang song with the Kids sample can eat a load though.

Marshy

Marshy said on the 8th Jun, 2010

People still listen to Groove Armada?

bigstrauss

bigstrauss said on the 8th Jun, 2010

ac slater, busy p, brodinski, cut copy, classixx, holy ghost, jack beats, jessie rose, mehdi, sinden , soulwax
pretty solid line up, just because it doesnt sound like there is a big headliner, shut up you haters

johnbiggs

johnbiggs said on the 8th Jun, 2010

if you gold coast im have mixers party before we all go at my gold coast resident.

noelw14

noelw14 said on the 8th Jun, 2010

people are going to pay $120 to see that crap.....

brilliant...

i think ill wait for future music where they invest in the line up

krewsin

krewsin said on the 8th Jun, 2010

people are going to pay $120 to see that crap.....

brilliant...

i think ill wait for future music where they re-use the previous the line up

fix'd

sophieb90

sophieb90 said on the 9th Jun, 2010

disappointing line-up, though at the very least there's enough to make for a fun day... Deez and Missy!

Action Jackson

Action Jackson said on the 9th Jun, 2010

I wont be going, but if they stop Soulwax from doing a side show again, I'm not going to be happy!

Sunrize

Sunrize said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Soulwax baby, was awesome at Parklife 2008, still pissed off its moved to the Gold Coast, go back to Brissy......

dubius

dubius said on the 9th Jun, 2010

whinge whinge fucken whinge. i'm sure itmers make a point of coming onto these announcement just to rag on the lineups...if you dont like it dont go. as for me i'm definitely amped to be able to see the likes of jesse rose, jack beats, sinden, kele, mixmaster, uffie, delorean etc etc. always one of the best days of the yr in the lush ADL botanic gardens.

TimmyB01

TimmyB01 said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Was hoping for a bigger headliner...however there is plenty of quality acts to keen me going through the day...Soulwax, Jack Beats, AC Slater, Busy P, plus Parklife is aways one of the funnest festivals...I will be going

samwilliams86

samwilliams86 said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Love the Line up! The Wombats, Soulwax, Groove Armarda, Jesse Rose, Uffie 8)

cloudpost

cloudpost said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Wicked lineup, look forward to Jack Beats, AC Slater, Grum, Soulwax, Kele, Sinden, Jesse Rose, Holy Ghost! Actually, there isn't an act on there i don't want to see. Except Uffie of course, no one wants to see Uffie.

GrEnNo

GrEnNo said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Busy P again. its now becoming ridiculous

Hosking

Hosking said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Parklife is regularly a bland line up but everyone still goes because it is the first of the season. This is the worst one I've seen though...

PhatD

PhatD said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Fuzzy have kicked their loyal fans in the balls with this lineup. I've been every year for the last 7 years and even the shit lineups had a few great calling cards. As a lineup that is supposed to be celebrating 10 years of parklife this is truly disappointing.

campbellt

campbellt said on the 9th Jun, 2010

"Sidney Myer Music Bowl" - WTF?

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Missy Elliot is worth the ticket price alone.

plus KELE

daveyac8881

daveyac8881 said on the 9th Jun, 2010

bit of a weak DJ lineup though

daverh

daverh said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Sinden, Mehdi, Brodi will be good DJ fodder, but yes agreed, it's becoming more 'live' with every year.

theHordern

theHordern said on the 9th Jun, 2010

are u yoking, missy elliot and chiddy bang?? gayyy........ac slater, jack beats, mehdi and the wombats is all i like. end up seeing busy p and dandy warhols. would have much preferred all of bloc party. overall, pretty fucking terrible for mine

oojah_lanai

oojah_lanai said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Agreed.. Weak DJ lineup..

system_

system_ said on the 9th Jun, 2010

The lineup of rock bands is ace, the DJs not so much.

Edwin84

Edwin84 said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Lineup not my cup of tea, only would go for Jack beats

dry_air

dry_air said on the 9th Jun, 2010

"Poo"? Hello! Soulwax, Groove Armada, Midnight Juggernauts, Mix Master Mike, The Dandy Warhols the list goes on. Know your back catalogs. Very good locals, we are lucky.

latin_deluxe

latin_deluxe said on the 9th Jun, 2010

Awesome lineup! Will def bring the right vibe. Pray for sunshine and blue skies...

tylerj23

tylerj23 said on the 9th Jun, 2010

I'll be disappointed if The Dandy Warhols don't do a sideshow.... I'll be there just on their account if they don't.

Sunrize

Sunrize said on the 10th Jun, 2010

Feels like Good Vibes more then parklife....... Ticket sale date anyone?????

sillyclimber

sillyclimber said on the 10th Jun, 2010

Missy Elliot would be the only one I would pay to see...

elryo

elryo said on the 10th Jun, 2010

this first line up hasn't really impressed me so far. Dunno if for me it would be worth it .

Paul L

Paul L said on the 10th Jun, 2010

As predicted an unimaginative, safe, BORING, INSIPID, BANAL, MASS PANDERING lineup. Why is it that the same artists get dragged out year after year. Are we that scared of trying something new and inventive, of pushing the boundaries, or, dare I say it, going a bit underground. No Dubstep, no twisted beats, no soul, no jazz. Just dance-rock and breakbeat ad nauseum. Then we'll throw in a couple of uber headliners because it's our 10th birthday and all in all we get a lineup that panders to those who will turn up and hear the odd hit get into it for that one tune then pretend for a while, with the majority of the time they won't know who is DJing or playing and be largely uninformed but will still drop $150 just to get drunk and say it was the best festival ever. Organisers need to stop pandering for money and get some credibility back.

The3rdPlumpDj

The3rdPlumpDj said on the 10th Jun, 2010

i like what you have to say Paul L... but i dont think there is any Breakbeat in that line up. In fact, ive been trying to familiarise myself with some of these acts to see if there was something that i like but up til this point have missed. they all sound the same... indie-pop rock shit... i dont get it... is electronic dance music "not cool" anymore? we might have to change this sites name to indie mix

factive

factive said on the 10th Jun, 2010

Run for cover mutbafucker is missy still fat or skinny now?
borink!

crackthatback

crackthatback said on the 10th Jun, 2010

I would first of all like to say I am NOT a fan of Fuzzy - I lost patience with their lineups around 2007 because I thought they were pandering too much to the new wave of electro trash that I just couldn't dig....but I am laughing my arse off from the other side of the world.
Not because this lineup is bad (Holy Ghost, Groove Armada, Soulwax, Delorean and Mixmaster Mike would make me buy tickets alone - if I was in Sydney). The lineup is great. Different? Dandy Warhols? Kele Okereke from Bloc Party? You call them regulars on an electronica lineup? Fucking kids are so fickle.
You're not the only ones with an income to spend on tickets either.
You listen to a couple dubstep tracks and all of a sudden everything needs to change for you. I saw Mixmaster Mike beat juggle a whole section of dubstep at Bloc Weekender here in the England. He made it sound good (it sounds like noise to me much of the time). And nobody's said anything about a hiphop or breaks DJ doing something like this. Cos they are prob too busy at most festivals with their shirts off showing the girls their muscles and their tatts. Or vice versa the girls showing off their fake tans and their coke figure.
Groove Armada are still rocking it over here and their live sets and DJ are better than a lot of other acts. Yeah, people still listen to Groove Armada. Think they are kind of an institution in dance music, and a look at their Lovebox weekender here in London will probably impress you more. Let's trash Prodigy, Chemical Brothers and Faithless too guys, they're touring again, the latter 2 on the back of a new album...PS, how shit are Orbital and Leftfield? they're touring here as well.
What a bunch of whiny brats. You have no idea how hard and expensive it is to get talent from the US and UK/EU to tour Australia. You aren't close to anywhere in the world. Festivals are closing down in the UK because they can't make it financially viable (Glade festival, anyone? Google it and tell me if any festival in Oz has a rep like it). I didn't bitch when I missed out on Prydz after he pulled out on Shore Thing 2009 but I did decide to leave Australia and see what's happening myself. Fuzzy puts on electronic events. You want different? Go to BDO or Falls fest, or Blues fest, or Woodford, or Splendour, or Playground Weekender. What? There are events that Fuzzy don't put on? There is simply not the number of people in Australia to make something like a Sziget or Roskilde viable. Schmucks.
All I can think of is Zoe Saldana in the movie Avatar. "You're like babies...making noise...don't know nothing".

If there's one thing I can't stand it's music snobs. Put aside the computer and try to put an instrument in your hands or get behind the decks yourselves instead of being so critical. Make a name for yourselves. Get on a lineup. Then see how long it takes before the fans change generations and tastes, and the drugs change effects. These artists are getting billed, paid, and re-booked (very important qualities, you know). You're all probably getting your first fluoro caps. Are they still wearing them over there? If your first reaction to this is to get out the guitar, then I've hit my message home. If you write a response to attack my opinion, you've wasted your energy, cos I won't be around to read it...

skully9371

skully9371 said on the 10th Jun, 2010

couldnt have said it better..

You're not the only ones with an income to spend on tickets either.

merck_bends

merck_bends said on the 10th Jun, 2010

don't hate the players, hate the game. if fuzzy put on a gig with a bunch of out there, left field, underground, experimental acts they would sell tickets only to a select few on the ITM forums, who would no doubt sit there and whinge about something else anyway.

how about a positive response every now and then on here? "not my cup of tea, hope everyone who is going enjoys it!". fcukin BAM! was it that hard? it appears this place is just full of haters and they are leaving a bad taste in the mouths of poeple visiting the ITM site. ease up for fecks sake.

got nothin nice to say....

hamo32

hamo32 said on the 11th Jun, 2010

but it's cool to be critical

i_have_ADD

i_have_ADD said on the 11th Jun, 2010

quoting a line from avatar in a discussion about parklife - now i've seen everything! love it

Paul L

Paul L said on the 12th Jun, 2010

There may not be any breakbeat perhaps but there is a whole lot of nothing on this lineup. It just screams mediocre.

Paul L

Paul L said on the 12th Jun, 2010

Screw Roskilde I would settle for Sonar any day of the week that's a festival worth getting excited about.

blakgymnstyx

blakgymnstyx said on the 13th Jun, 2010

I love crackthatbacks comment. Nothing like spending 5 hours perfecting a ridiculous rant about finding England and everyone who doesn't like a dj should try and become a dj, then saying "don't bother replying" cos I'm too cool to care... Nice. Really nice.

bjonbjonbjon

bjonbjonbjon said on the 13th Jun, 2010

I cant believe you even bothered reading his rant..

kboss

kboss said on the 14th Jun, 2010

hahaha. can someone give me the summed up point of that comment. i can not be bothered reading it. i have been to the last 3 parklifes, but i dont think i will be going to this one, not the best lineup in my eye. but there are plenty of other festivals around thesedays. hope some of the other are more my taste. cant wait for splendour. best line up i have seen from any festival in years

dn-ul

dn-ul said on the 15th Jun, 2010

haha totally agree,

plus why would fuzzy bring out another dub act when skream was playing to a less then 500 hundred people at field day,
he is one of the biggest names in dub an it still couldnt pack out the second smallest stage.
maybe it was cause you kids didnt like dub then or maybe its cause dub has become this word most people now use along with 4 other adjectives to describe the music they like too seem more ahead of the everyone else is there music taste. Remember if you say you like Dub your street cred goes up.

consensualrapist

consensualrapist said on the 29th Jul, 2010

saw brodinski in ibiza....props to that cunt.