Sven Vath goes long in Sydney (with some friends)

Image for Sven Vath goes long in Sydney (with some friends)

The Sven Vath Future Music Festival pre-party has become something of a Sydney tradition now, and the Cocoon don will be back at the Metro Theatre on Friday 9 March 2012 for another blowout. The DJ is locked in for a four-hour set, with a couple of his buddies from The Likes Of You tent in support: toast of Ibiza Jamie Jones and techno convert Dubfire.

“I’ve been to some good techno parties in the last six months and people are screaming for techno again,” Vath told inthemix recently. People are bored of the boring house music that’s also around. There were so many wannabe house sounds and labels copying a sound, and only a few felt like strong releases. With techno, I have a feeling there’s good things going on again.”

Comments

Mindfull-1

Mindfull-1 said on the 21st Feb, 2012

yeah and before people got into this 'boring house' you speak of, people were over your 'boring minimal white noise crap' and ffs you have jamie jones on the bill, the biggest proponent of the kind of house you are talking of.

completely contradictory much?

zsmiles

zsmiles said on the 21st Feb, 2012

jamie jones plays different music to the music that sven vath called boring

mr_doobi

mr_doobi said on the 21st Feb, 2012

im really exited for soundwave......... that is all

Space_man

Space_man said on the 21st Feb, 2012

Metro? intimate gig at the civic plzzzz

blackt86

blackt86 said on the 21st Feb, 2012

Omg!!!!!! Fuccckkkkk. Yeaahhhh!!!! The best of future without the heads!

FtMOde

FtMOde said on the 21st Feb, 2012

Solid, but we need cocoon in the park

Mindfull-1

Mindfull-1 said on the 22nd Feb, 2012

zsmiles, for starters how do you know EXACTLY what sven is talking about. Also, jamie jones has only recently gone for the edgy techno tag, its still house and that is what sven is talking about because jamie jones/leefoss/hotcreations and all that stuff is what has been the house sound that sven is most likely talking about.

What do you think the house music sven is talking about is?

Morecowbell

Morecowbell said on the 22nd Feb, 2012

When you're the boss of a label such as Cocoon (or any other for that matter), you don't choose support acts that you consider 'boring'. I doubt Sven was referring to the Hot Creations sound as such. Jamie, Dubfire and Sven all night. I know I'll be there.

zsmiles

zsmiles said on the 22nd Feb, 2012

The burden of proof is on you, not me lol. I'll say it outright, I don't know "EXACTLY" what Sven is talking about, and I don't claim to (I just claim he's most likely not talking about JJ who is more disco than house imo).

But you apparently claim to "EXACTLY" know what he's talking about..... so... how do you know "EXACTLY" what he is talking about?

The house music I believe he is talking about it probably top40 stuff