Boys Noize loves if you hate Handbraekes

When Boys Noize and Mr. Oizo announced they were teaming up for a new project called Handbraekes, it seemed fair to go ahead and assume that the product of their union would be pretty great. But when the four-track EP #1 hit the net last month, the comments section of our story painted a different picture. With crazybowers reasoning, “Yeah their styles don’t mesh at all, despite both of them being amazing producers in their own right. The Qat actually made me laugh it was so bad”, through Miza101’s astute “ The Qat sounds like someone farting into a trumpet”, lawlietskyy’s observation that the work was “unbelievably shithouse” to addz’s simple “ummm no”, the verdict was clear. What’s more, it seems much of the internet felt much the same about the EP.

So how did the backlash make Boys Noize’s Alex Ridha feel? Apparently, pretty good. “A lot of fans of mine get so upset with the music. They just hate it so much!” He told I Like Music, “I love it when I see that reaction, because for me it’s the most fun to fuck people off with my music.” The producer continued, “That’s how I started off in the first place. I had a lot of people who were really not into it, and a lot of people who were really into it. For me that’s always really fun to see. I saw so many funny comments about people hating the stuff [laughs]!”

Ridha also explained that the tracks on the EP only took “a couple of hours”, and that he and Mr. Oizo never met in real life to work on the songs, instead doing everything over the internet. “We have a lot of fun with it and don’t take things too serious,” he said. “A lot of people take their music too serious.” So, yes: we’ve all been trolled.

Comments

VOITY81

VOITY81 said on the 28th Feb, 2012

Okay fair enough, but don't fuck your fans off for too long. If I needed a fix of earbleed- itis I'd listen to lmfao.

daverh

daverh said on the 28th Feb, 2012

This is classic Oizo club pranking.

i_have_ADD

i_have_ADD said on the 28th Feb, 2012

Can someone make a The Qat vs Paris Hilton 'Drunk Text' mash-up?

SANDSHREW said on the 28th Feb, 2012

NO PRISON CAN HOLD ME

lawlietskyy said on the 28th Feb, 2012

No .. This is quite simply denial - They tried something new and failed miserably .. then tried to cover it up by acting like trolls ... Just like Drunk text how it quickly went was taken off the net saying "this was incomplete and we did this over a year ago" ... Yeah right Handbraekes .. nice try

lawlietskyy said on the 28th Feb, 2012

lawlietskyy said on the 28th Feb, 2012

I love your comments as always sandshrew

Its Zyzz

Its Zyzz said on the 28th Feb, 2012

ITs not that his music is bad.. its just the fact that they are old news. Its time to retire Boyz Noize.. you had your shot at fame.. now take your garbage music n eat it..

kane2188

kane2188 said on the 28th Feb, 2012

i actually really liked riho...

ibanez

ibanez said on the 28th Feb, 2012

"despite both of them being amazing producers in their own right" says who ?

LazyL

LazyL said on the 28th Feb, 2012

Let me guess, Oizo was the one to blame for the trumpets.

josh_goods

josh_goods said on the 28th Feb, 2012

i think its important to consider what these tracks are made for. if you look at BN's sets, the individual tracks can seem really off the money. personally tracks like 'brapp' and other such tracks are lifeless... until he plays them. riho would definitely go off in a gig set, and i could even imagine the qat.
ps boys noize is not old and u gotta love him

sifu02

sifu02 said on the 28th Feb, 2012

Haha...it really does sound like someone farting into a trumpet. Love both these guys...separately!

mr flauge

mr flauge said on the 4th Mar, 2012

FUCK OFF ZYZZ YOU DERRICK.
Apart from this shit project, Boys Noize still tears it apart every time hes on stage, and a notable fact you may not know is he is one of the few who actually still play LIVE.
Saw him 2 weeks apart in america last year and he played 2 quite different sets, and the crowd was going crazy at both events.
Can't wait for his return to Australia for another out of control show, like the last one 2 years ago at the forum.

Wouldz

Wouldz said on the 26th Apr, 2012

I read in an interview that Alex said they made Qat as a parody of mainstream club music, which makes sense when you listen to it.

I still love Callgurls. I regularly play it and it is generally received well. It's all about fitting the mood of the dancefloor and sometimes they fit perfectly.

Still definitely not my favourite release from either of them haha!