Inside Swedish House Mafia's epic house party

Image for Inside Swedish House Mafia's epic house party

Last night, a trio of the biggest names in dance music casually arrived at the house of one of their fans, ready to play a private set for him and 30 of his closest friends. The winner of our Swedish House Mafia house party competition was in an enviable position – so it’s unsurprising that a photo we posted to inthemix’s Facebook of Angello, Axwell and Ingrossso DJing at the suburban Sydney home was met with some very-jealous comments.

One particularly verbose SHM fan truly encapsulated the hype surrounding the event, declaring: “I would swim up the Amazon River with 30kg dumbbells tied to my scrotum and Ellen DeGeneres’s queef as my air supply if it meant I could have had those 3 demigods within a radius of 100m of myself”.

But the winner of our biggest prize ever, Simon, didn’t have to swim the Amazon River to get the trio of Swedes to play at his house. Rather, Simon just submitted 25 words or less on his partying-credentials to win our competition, bringing said demigods straight from the Future Music Festival mainstage to his place. So while the house party has been shrouded in secrecy for the past couple of weeks, we’re now thrilled to report that last night’s giant event was, as predicted, epic. The police may have been called over a noise complaint, but luckily the cop on duty was a massive SHM fan who’d missed the trio on a recent trip to Ibiza, and was only too happy to hang around and enjoy the set – at full volume.

As well as being front-and-centre for an intimate 90-minute Swedish House Mafia set, Simon also got to meet the Swedes. “I got to hang out with them before, during and after their set,” he told us. “They were all really nice, chilled guys. When they weren’t pouring drinks down my throat we just shot-the-shit; talking about music, Sydney and girls. Sebastian Ingrosso actually gave me investment advice – he said, ‘There’s always money in bricks and mortar’.”

We’d like to extend some giant thanks to Future Entertainment for making it happen, DJ Warehouse for the mega sound system, Smirnoff, Carlton Dry and Rekorderlig for the drinks, the Swedes themselves and, of course, the lucky host – who managed to keep Swedish House Mafia’s appearance a secret until right up until the guests walked through the door. “They were just shocked,” Simon said. “They didn’t know what they were turning up to, so they were just in awe – I’m pretty sure they’re still shaking. I think I’m owed a lot of brownie points now!”

Luckily, Simon’s parents are out of town at the moment – so he’s got a couple of weeks to clean the house up. However, we’d imagine that the photos from the big night (coming tomorrow) will probably get back to Mum and Dad in the end.

Comments

davecw

davecw said on the 7th Mar, 2012

lol at the miscer on FB

mlirosi

mlirosi said on the 7th Mar, 2012

will there be photos on ITM

katiecunningham

katiecunningham said on the 7th Mar, 2012

Yep, they're coming tomorrow.

JamRock

JamRock said on the 7th Mar, 2012

Wicked! What were his 25 words?

PhatD

PhatD said on the 7th Mar, 2012

strong theft of misc copypasta

slackas

slackas said on the 7th Mar, 2012

So what was simons entry?

Slavo_Pendulum

Slavo_Pendulum said on the 7th Mar, 2012

Can you tell us what he said in his '25 words' ? im just curious. hes one lucky bastard :)

412nv

412nv said on the 7th Mar, 2012

Wow, I wonder what he said. That would of been huge!!! I wonder if we will see a growing trend of this now perhaps?

mlirosi

mlirosi said on the 7th Mar, 2012

yer im with that...what was his 25 words or less??

SlicyDicer

SlicyDicer said on the 7th Mar, 2012

what were his 25 wrods so I can copy it for my upcoming report on bro culture

Soloman

Soloman said on the 7th Mar, 2012

%u2018There%u2019s always money in bricks and mortar%u2019.%u201D LOL

djgooglemaps

djgooglemaps said on the 8th Mar, 2012

THANK YOU INTHEMIX FOR THE NITE OF MY LIFE MY FAVE BIT WAS WHEN MADDOGG INGROSSO DID A KEG STAND WITH ME AND WE SPAT BEER IN EACH OTHERS FACES... OMG WAS SOO MUCH FUN I WISH WE COULD DO IT EVERY DAY SEE YOU ALL AT FUTURE I'LL BE IN THE POPE MOBIL PAUL VAN

lawlietskyy said on the 8th Mar, 2012

@djgooglemaps - Google yourself some f*cking grammar.

cheechvda

cheechvda said on the 8th Mar, 2012

How pumped do they look in that photo!!!!

Ben Royal

Ben Royal said on the 8th Mar, 2012

Axwell is quite a handsome man.

Its Zyzz

Its Zyzz said on the 8th Mar, 2012

FKN DUDE FEST MAN!! susage sizzle for everyone.. that one chick prob got thrashed the whole night TROLOLOL!

MikeG

MikeG said on the 9th Mar, 2012

I don't think his 25 words won it, it was most likely the waterfront location. (Jaded with jealousy)

justlikethat

justlikethat said on the 9th Mar, 2012

MikeG you hit the nail on the head. This competition had nothing to do with the 25 entry words - it had everything to do with the waterfront location.

So cliche too in the write up as if the competition was lawfully upheld.

I write this not in anger for not winning a competition I did not enter; yet for the many fans who do not live in a multi-million dollar house in Vaucluse that backs onto the harbour. The sorts of people who don't know anyone. Who pay for their festival tickets and stand out there with the rest of the general admission punters. Who buy their music lawfully. Who aren't hipsters. Just plain old fans. Who after all, are the ones who keep the industry ticking.

There would have been many a worthy winner to come from less fortune. To give someone who could probably afford to have the Swedes play at their house the glory.... really?? Conveniently his parents were traveling the globe. It's just one of those stories that's too good to be false.

I don't hate on the rich, but it's amazing what a little bit of money can do.

Understandably the Swedes wouldn't play anywhere for their own security reasons however running this as a competition to the general public is 100% misleading. Well done ITM, doing it for the fans!!

DJ Filthy Lee

DJ Filthy Lee said on the 9th Mar, 2012

I would'a rocked the shit out of that House, on some Project X shit lol

mischa21

mischa21 said on the 14th Mar, 2012

yeah somehow I don't think my little apartment would have resulted in me winning the comp. and obviously it would have been in a location and day that was convenient with their schedule, so not really a national comp. either way, props to those that were there - sounded rad. and the cop staying too :lol:

wanna know the winning 25 words though...