Image for Ferry Corsten remixes Justin Bieber: "I just had fun producing this, please don’t cry over it"

You might remember when Justin Bieber dropped the track As Long As You Love Me a couple of months ago: as The Biebs’ first attempt at ‘dubstep’, it’d be fair to say that the tune ruffled a few feathers around these parts. But for all the scorn and not-so-serious ribbing the track may have provoked, the tween sensation did get the “EDM” world to take notice, even recruiting some big names to remix the track. One of those was trance sensation Ferry Corsten.

Ferry’s take on Bieber’s bass-crossover hit the internet earlier this week and, unsurprisingly, a trance stalwart remixing a pop star’s take on dubstep hasn’t gone down well with many. Predictably, keyboard warriors have been out in force since Ferry mentioned the remix on Facebook last night. You can guess the ilk of the backlash: comments ranged from the simple “Shame on you Ferry”, through to sounds of EDM’s death knell and disavowals of fandom, many liberally sprinkled with profanities and ALL CAPS fury-filled tirades.

Not one to cop abuse lying down, Ferry’s taken to his Facebook to hit back at the furore. “Hey guys, as a response to some extremely ridiculous reactions to me doing a remix for Justin Bieber, I just want to say this,” the statement began. “The request for this remix came in and I found it quite a challenge to make a dance radio remix for such a young and talented artist. And YES, if you can play 3 instruments and you can sing, I call you talented! I just had fun producing this, please don’t cry over it, I create EDM!”

Comments

canuwhisper

canuwhisper said on the 29th Aug, 2012

Haven't really considered him as a 'trance' dj for a few years now.
His live sets are all over the place....not alot of actual trance in there.
Tbh, you could say the same thing about alot of other 'trance' djs too.

khas

khas said on the 29th Aug, 2012

He also plays the same set every time. Love the guy but god damn a fresh set every once in awhile would be nice

JoeMayberry

JoeMayberry said on the 29th Aug, 2012

It's just another generic shitty remix. It could be by any of the mainstream DJ's for any of the mainstream pop artists, the fact that it's for Justin Beiber... who cares really?

slatts69

slatts69 said on the 29th Aug, 2012

That's up there with the worst tune I've ever heard. EVER

stoopid8998

stoopid8998 said on the 29th Aug, 2012

dada life remixed the biebs first yo

donkeydrop

donkeydrop said on the 29th Aug, 2012

WTF!? Where is Gouryella or Moonman remix of this chooon!? Not happy, Jan!

camlv

camlv said on the 29th Aug, 2012

And by himself he means his bank account yeah?

SANDSLASH

SANDSLASH said on the 29th Aug, 2012

Well pull down my pants and call me a catholic altar boy.

lawlietskyy said on the 29th Aug, 2012

As long as you love me - Justin Bieber (Ferry's 'Desperate to stay relevant' Remix)

Cathy Guetta

Cathy Guetta said on the 29th Aug, 2012

Not even my Husband would stoop THIS low. Suck sh*t trance fans!

beanbagdan

beanbagdan said on the 29th Aug, 2012

I have never heard a Bieber song before in my life, but going out on a limb here...if you didn't know it was him, it's actually a cool little tune so I'm seeing it as Ferry having a bit of fun. I will be there to see him again regardless

mikeblades

mikeblades said on the 29th Aug, 2012

Ask your self honestly.....if you did not know it was a Justin Bieber track would you be hating it so much???? Yes, its commercial trance cheese....but THIS much hate??? Haters always hate what they cant achieve themselves.

lawlietskyy said on the 30th Aug, 2012

@mikeblades - It's a shit remix, He has simply re-worked 'Aint no stoppin' and added / chopped up biebers vocals. IF you liked the remix, please proceed to the nearest cliff/elevation greater than 50 meters and walk off.

Mindfull-1

Mindfull-1 said on the 30th Aug, 2012

This digusts me and makes me sad. I have lost untold amounts of respect for Ferry Corsten. He doesn't need this unless he just wants to be a massive cheeseball trance sell out. For shame ferry.

Sensuality

Sensuality said on the 30th Aug, 2012

Goddamnit. This is a major example of everything that is wrong with electronic music today.

Achal

Achal said on the 30th Aug, 2012

Eh it's all good, this is the kind of track he'll never play at trance events and won't be on any of his albums so really just look at this as a nice pay day for ferry and nothing else. He'll go back to making whatever he did before this anyway, not that I'm a big fan.

ArmySniperDan

ArmySniperDan said on the 1st Sep, 2012

Ferry lost me as a fan, this is an insult to EDM, I expected this from David Guetta since he is famous for using Bottom of the Barrel talent like Rihanna, Black Eyed Peas, Nicki Minaj, this is pathetic

ArmySniperDan

ArmySniperDan said on the 1st Sep, 2012

@ Cathy Guetta, um your lack of talent husband already sunk to a new low for claiming he brought EDM to the USA when it's been around since the 90's and doing crappy remixes of top 40 pop and rap tracks does not make you an EDM DJ, and the fact he was on the Grammys in the US does not make him an EDM DJ seeing as real EDM is never on the Grammys or MTV and VH1, so you fail

Rokky

Rokky said on the 2nd Sep, 2012

Haha, Hes not Trancy now . His Corsten Countdown is one piece of Dubstep and CLUB music. , 0 trance. Like ASOT or TATW. Music for braindeadz .
RIP Trance 2007<

ArmySniperDan

ArmySniperDan said on the 2nd Sep, 2012

more like music is dead

asadi

asadi said on the 3rd Sep, 2012

it's not a bad pop remix and it's not trying to be anything more - this is hardly trying to be trance. it's the same trousey crap tiesto kicked off.
Looks like most trance dons are tired of producing trance and after over a decade, i guess it's kinda expected and pretty sad. Trance isn't dead though, just have a listen to Eco's set at Electric Zoo.

ArmySniperDan

ArmySniperDan said on the 3rd Sep, 2012

death to pop remixes, bad for EDM

dirtyepic

dirtyepic said on the 4th Sep, 2012

@ArmySniperDan Dude, I just took a look at your profile... you're real mad, aren't you?

ArmySniperDan

ArmySniperDan said on the 4th Sep, 2012

Ferry was on Electric Zoo in New York Last night promoting this garbage and bragging about it, this just makes me sick, nice of you to really screw your true fans for making this crap

Suga05

Suga05 said on the 4th Sep, 2012

Too be honest I feel as though his insulting/disrespecting his fan's, through remixing this song it clearly state Ferry is out of touch with his fan base (the people who have made him who he is today). In restrospect Justin is underdeniably talented I cannot play one instrument let alone 3, the reason why we detest him is not just because of his music but because of the way he has been forced fed into our daily lives thanks to the media and to make matters worse the life couches who build his public pasona tell him how to act and what to say and its very big headed/egotisical driven.

True fans of Trance adored it in the first place due to the fact its was underground and by Ferry remixing something of someone that is basically commercial cheese and telling us to "Not cry over it:" is just unbelieveable and insulting. It was just a very mindless and poor effort by Ferry that had great costs in the end.

I wish trance would go back to being as underground as it used to be at least back then they were keeping it real and now it's just music jargon

SANDSHREW said on the 5th Sep, 2012

STOP SOUNDING LIKE AN IDIOT BY ACTUALLY FIGURING OUT HOW TO OPERATE LINUX WITHOUT ONLY CLAIMING TO KNOW HOW BECAUSE YOU HAPPENED TO HAVE INSTALLED MANDRAKE ON ONE COMPUTER IN YOUR HOUSE IN THE PAST.

ArmySniperDan

ArmySniperDan said on the 9th Sep, 2012

maybe if we're lucky Bieber will get rectal cancer

Progrez

Progrez said on the 11th Sep, 2012

Kudos to ferry corsten at least he didn't call it Trance unlike what the other morons at Armada and Gareth Emery and Above & Beyond seem to do.

Progrez

Progrez said on the 11th Sep, 2012

I totally agree with canuwhisper