John Digweed preps new compilation and mammoth 7-hour set
Tue 11th Sep, 2012 News 912 viewsin
Enduring underground auteur John Digweed will next month celebrate the 14th anniversary of his Bedrock Records stable. A label with a heritage stretching all the way back to its launch in the late 90s with the progressive classic Heaven Scent, it’s survived the twists and turns of an evolving industry over the years, continuing to thrive in the digital era. Over the years it’s released singles, albums and compilations from a huge crew of A-class talent that’s included Guy J, Pole Folder, Guy Gerber, Nick Muir and Digweed himself, among many others.
To mark the label’s anniversary in October, the ever-present Diggers will be releasing the new Bedrock 14 compilation, featuring 21 exclusive tracks from Bedrock artists both old and new. In addition, he’ll be fronting up to the decks at the Fire and Lightbox nightclubs in London on Saturday 6th October for a mammoth 7-hour set; a tasty prospect for fans indeed.
“For me the crowd that comes to the Bedrock parties are one of the most clued up and loyal clubbers that are out there,” Digweed said on his Facebook page last week. “As a special thank you to them for this year’s Bedrock Anniversary party, I will be playing a seven hour set which really gives me a chance to play so much of the great music that is out there. My journey will begin at midnight, and I can’t wait.”
Anybody not able to make it to London in time for the gig will be able to console themselves with a slice of Digweed goodness in the form of the Bedrock 14 compilation, featuring tracks and remixes from an assortment of established heavies including Pig&Dan, Robert Babicz, Henry Saiz, Christian Smith as well as Australia’s own Jamie Stevens. There’s also a range of acts tipped by Bedrock for success like Eagles & Butterflies, Jemmy, Maxime Dangles and more.
Listen to Digweed’s Bedrock 14 minimix on Mixcloud, and check out the tracklisting below:
Bedrock 14 tracklisting:
01. Eagles & Butterflies – Kolleckt
02. Wiretappeur – Iridescent
03. Maher Daniel & Nikko Gibler – I’ll Wait For You
04. Pig&Dan – Crazy
05. Paneoh – Vetabom
06. Christian Smith – The Judgement
07. Marc Marzenit & Henry Saiz – Sirens Land
08. Quivver – Fakes and Bullshit
09. Guy J – Mish Mash
10. Marco Bailey – Whispering Leaves
11. Kurtz & Bomber – Never Sleeping
12. Jemmy – Quarry Bank – Stelios Vassiloudis Remix
13. Eagles & Butterflies – Stimmer
14. Stelios Vassiloudis – What’s That?
15. Jamie Stevens – Indigo
16. John Digweed & Nick Muir – Raise – Electric Rescue Remix
17. Solee – Resistance
18. Maxime Dangles – Unsteady Curve
19. Robert Babicz – Eastside
20. Electric Rescue – Stucked Ship
21. John Digweed & Nick Muir – Trezzz Intro