tattoo parlours in melb

Tools
fusiongirl +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
< 61
tattoo parlours in melb
HAI GUYS!

im looking to get my first tat!! has anyone been to any really good ones and are there any i should stay away from?

thanks!
if guys had periods, theyd brag about the size of their tampons
BootyCamp +

very hungry

Times thanked
< 3
there are several tattoo/body piercing thread already in lifestyle you can search for

but the best ones off the top of my head are chapel tattoo, tattoo magic, eternal instinct. last time i went to eternal instinct they had an international from brazil coming over for a couple of months. dont know his name but his linework was incredible. they all have websites so have a look and see what toots ya horn
ZyklonB +

Recreation abUSER

Times thanked
< 0
My person opinion from personal experience are that Tattoo Magic and its sister company Dynamic Tattoo in Richmond, while they do great work there, they are a complete bunch of up themself wankers. Tattoo magic where do I start.....
I first went in to try to book an appointment for a consoltation and they didnt even want to speak to me. I gave them money for a voucher for myself just so I had money in the store so they would take me more serious even though they had tattooed many of my mates who had already given them thousands of dollars.
Finally after that, I told them I wanted a new school japanese pirate ship on the top of my arm to go with the koi and other water stuff I had on the same arm. At this point they asked me if I already had the design to which I responded "NO, YOU ARE CUSTOM TATTOO ARTISTS AND I WANT TO PAY ONE OF YOUR ARTISTS FOR A CUSTOM TATTOO". To which they responded that they dont think anyone in the shop could do it. Finally I got put on a waiting list to get called for a consoltaion after which you have to get put on a waiting list to actually get the tattoo. After a few months of no call I started ringing them. Still nothing. After 6 months with out even a phone call I had to threaten them to give me my money back. When I walked in I added the measly $300 to $6000 I had in cash to show the fuckheads that I was actually prepared to pay for a decent tat and I had done all of my homework. Pricks think they are rock stars or some shit.

Now for Dynamic tattoo.
Although I did get a great custom tattoo there the customer service there is also disgraceful. Evan, is a great tattoo artist, but if you have to listen to the egotistical shit he goes on about for a 5 hour session in the background, it makes you want to rip your ears out. I swear he must wank everynight while staring at himself in the mirror.
I booked in there for over three months and even emailed young Matt 5 days before the appointment to confirm everything was on. On the day, which I took off work for no pay, I headed all the way down to Richmond to be greeted with, "What do you want mate". I said I am here to get a tattoo to which Trevor the genious replied, "Mate, you cant just walk in off the fucking street and expect a tattoo".
I explained that I had already booked in 3 months ago and he said I must be wrong coz everyone was booked. Turned out that Matt's chick had a baby a few days before hand and didnt think it was needed to call me to cancel. Trevor also looked at me like a prick and said" I dont know what you expect me to say". I said sorry would be nice considering I have lost $150 for not going to work, waisted my day and am now going to have to go back on the waiting list for another 2 months.

Avoid these wankers like the plague, Friends have had the same problems. They even try to talk you out of getting tats there coz they cant be stuffed and are booked out for months. UNLESS YOU ARE A HOT CHICK. I know you are a girl but if are hot then then sleazy pricks will look right after you coz the only people I know that had good experiences with them were hot chicks that were getting back jobs. The treated one of my not so hot girl friends like shit.

If you want to go somewhere where the art is excellent and the attitude isnt disgraceful, you might have to travel to the burbs. My opinion, try Purple Haze. Ask specifically for Mick Haze who has had his stuff in countless magazines around the world and has won plenty of awards. Friendly guy. You might have to wait a couple of months but anyone will tell you that getting the right tattoo takes a lot of time and effort and its going to be there for life so you have to get it right the first time.

Sorry about the rant but I hope it helps you out. Do your homework and Good luck.
The music was new black polished chrome and came over the summer like liquid night.........
jiggyjoobz +

Times thanked
< 0
Dynamic Tattoo do really nice work - as long as you don't cop the sorta shit mentioned above it's the quality of the work that matters most. I hadn't heard anything bad about them til now.
ZyklonB +

Recreation abUSER

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiggyjoobz

Dynamic Tattoo do really nice work - as long as you don't cop the sorta shit mentioned above it's the quality of the work that matters most. I hadn't heard anything bad about them til now.

if I had to choose between the two I would definently go to Dynamic over Magic but I have a disease where arogance releases the anger sharks in my head. If you can deal with a bunch of fuckwits then definently go to Dynamic or Magic because they easily do some of the best art in Melbourne.

In my personal opinion the best artist in Melbourne is Giovanni Di Mizio from Eternal Instinct. However you will not be able to get a seat with him. My mate knew him through a friend and still waited for about a year but he has easily the best sleeve I have seen in the flesh in my life. Another top artist that works there is an old Graffitti artist called Mase. Done a fair few of my mates and he is shit hot but once again you will be waiting along time. If you have the time and patience check Eternal otherwise check Haze.
The music was new black polished chrome and came over the summer like liquid night.........
ghetto kitty +

feed me ideas & crunchies

Times thanked
< 0
Vote 1 for Eternal instinct.

You may have to wait for months to get an appt but it is worth it, ink is for life!

Zyklon, I have had similar expeirences at those shops, Craig Deuce at Eternal has done my last four tatts and everyone at Eternal is nice AND talented...

good luck!
www.ghettokitty.com.au
ZyklonB +

Recreation abUSER

Times thanked
< 0
I havnt seen any of craigs work, I will have to check him out.
Smifnofftap +

Times thanked
< 0
Thanks for the heads up about purple haze.. the work there looks really good.

Ive been getting tattooed in Adelaide @ The Body Art shop..
I'm very happy with the work, it's worth the 50 minute flight!

Once i have finished my stomach and chest, i will look into something here.

Brisbane is another hot tip
spaso27 +

Times thanked
< 4
Vic Market tatoos, they have been around for years and if you see their work you will know they are true professionals.

Everyone in melbourne knows of this place, and everyone that has used them has had only good things to say.
Torsten +

That Pommy ****

Times thanked
< 43
*bump*

Any more up to date recommendations kids? Looking to get my first one done soon and would appreciate any new thoughts!
chimby +

You've got to be kitten me!

Times thanked
< 212
http://www.thirdeyetattoostudio.com/
deep audio +

blah!

Times thanked
< 113
jootsiejuice +

I'm a cowboy...

Times thanked
< 167
Long waiting list for custom work, but Justin Acca at Devil's Ink in Newport is doing mine right now. Absolutely awesome.

However for first tatt shiz, meh.... I got my first one at Chapel Tattoo and they were no fuss, professional, and did a good job of what I asked for.
AS001

AS002
Rogan Josh +

Lizards in my telly.

Times thanked
< 2,619

Quote:

Originally Posted by BootyCamp View Post

last time i went to eternal instinct they had an international

Portal +

Work that motherf#$ker

Times thanked
< 1,013
See Shakey Bill in St Albans if you want a skull, rose, snake and/or a bong.

Last edited by Portal: 09-Nov-10 at 11:18am

Holiday85 +

Times thanked
< 0
Third Eye Tattoo
Third Eye Tattoo in Fitzroy Nth are by far one of the best studios in Melbourne!
For small to medium tattoos their wait list is never really more than a month and even for large stuff like sleeves to get started its only like 2 to 3 months, they could easily be booked up 8 to 12 months but they don't run their books like that..
Everyone there is super friendly and the shop really nice and clean.
I've got nearly all my tattoos there and a couple for Chapel who are really good too but I had to wait almost a year on waiting lists.
check them out on facebook and I think they have a website too.
shooting stars +

Times thanked
< 0
For awsome ink try out pipeworks tattoos in campbellfield
they have a facebook page so just type in pipeworks tattoos in facebook and all there work will come up.
Their soo nice, neat and clean there and his lines are sharp as hell and the price's are really resonable.
His won some awards aswell which is a bonus, also i second third eye their work is wicked
danielmorris +

Times thanked
< 0
tattoos are permanent
just a thought. Who the fuck cares about the service, its all about the quality of the tattoo. Trevor at Dynamic, and Geordie Cole at Tattoo Magic, are 2 of the top 3 ranked japanese and full body guys in Australia. period. Beyond that, go see Kian Forreal at inner Vision in city. Boo fuckin Hoo, they werent nice too me. maybe they get a lot of dickheads who want pirate ships,. Tattoo artists repect people passionate about tattoo's, who dont attempt to micro-manage their work. There are some 70 odd tattoo shops in this city, and 65 are shit. You want a little swallow on your arm, or some shit tribal, by all means, get tattoo'd at every shop listed above. You want the best tattoo, by the best artists, all who have trained and tattooed overseas for longer than youve been alive, than go to a real artist. youre not visiting a hooker, theyre not there to be your friend, they are there to put on the best tattoo possible. everyone harden the fuck up, and start getting real tattoos, by real tattoo artists
__Milko__ +

R O T H Newwwwtonnnn

Times thanked
< 1,525
Can you show us a pic of your unicorn?
Ruthykins +

Stay awake little missfit

Times thanked
< 3,875
^^yuck - what a horrible way to think about things!

I don't know why people can't just be nice full stop. If its too hard for you not to treat me like a piece of shit then you don't get my business, regardless of what service you're offering.
Ya baloney
primalstatik +

Just call me p-statz.

Times thanked
< 2,030

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielmorris View Post

just a thought. Who the fuck cares about the service, its all about the quality of the tattoo. Trevor at Dynamic, and Geordie Cole at Tattoo Magic, are 2 of the top 3 ranked japanese and full body guys in Australia. period. Beyond that, go see Kian Forreal at inner Vision in city. Boo fuckin Hoo, they werent nice too me. maybe they get a lot of dickheads who want pirate ships,. Tattoo artists repect people passionate about tattoo's, who dont attempt to micro-manage their work. There are some 70 odd tattoo shops in this city, and 65 are shit. You want a little swallow on your arm, or some shit tribal, by all means, get tattoo'd at every shop listed above. You want the best tattoo, by the best artists, all who have trained and tattooed overseas for longer than youve been alive, than go to a real artist. youre not visiting a hooker, theyre not there to be your friend, they are there to put on the best tattoo possible. everyone harden the fuck up, and start getting real tattoos, by real tattoo artists

Quality bump.
beautsten +

Times thanked
< 12
have you tried getting 1 at brown alley?
voodoo dancer +

Times thanked
< 0
dynamic tattoo
lol trevor at dynamic he is the worst mannered person tattooing in melbourne ,he does good work but he also does shit, dont get him on a bad day.....
mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
< 3,155
i used to get my tatts from the bubble gum i bought...i found the art work to be rather detailed and they provide quite a diverse range in images i would recommend it to my friends
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 85

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlirosi View Post

i used to get my tatts from the bubble gum i bought...i found the art work to be rather detailed and they provide quite a diverse range in images i would recommend it to my friends

Yeah those tatts are hardcore!!
Acid_Eiffel +

Times thanked
< 41
Why dont you twitter Ruby Rose, she'd have some "fab" ideas and contacts...

Last edited by Acid_Eiffel: 17-May-12 at 02:00pm

mlirosi +

bangin 7gram rocks

Times thanked
< 3,155
^or benny C
Errol Flynn +

Times thanked
< 270

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielmorris View Post

"you want it to be one way, but its the other wayฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ ๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํ ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํ ํํํํํํํํํ.ฏ๎"

« Previous Thread Next Thread »