And apparently it's going to be a double album. So pumped
cozza147 +

Times thanked
< 52
Ohhh there is a jeebuz!!
twofortytwo +

Times thanked
< 7
All I'm seeing is that they confirmed that rumours are rife.

No new album here, folks. And I wouldn't be holding my breath until it gets announced by Warp themselves.
jordan__ +

Times thanked
< 1,891

Quote:

Originally Posted by twofortytwo View Post

All I'm seeing is that they confirmed that rumours are rife.

No new album here, folks. And I wouldn't be holding my breath until it gets announced by Warp themselves.

Nah, I think it looks more like they are saying 'Yes' to the question 'Any truth in this?'

As in there is truth in the rumours.
twofortytwo +

Times thanked
< 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan__ View Post

Nah, I think it looks more like they are saying 'Yes' to the question 'Any truth in this?'

As in there is truth in the rumours.

http://www.boardsofcanada.com/ has had an empty album placeholder on the site for over a year now. It's common knowledge that a new album has been in the works for a while.

All this Facebook comment signifies is what we've already known for a while: a new album is on the way.

But given the distant nature of the band, I wouldn't say anything one way or the other until it's officially been announced with a date set in stone.
jordan__ +

Times thanked
< 1,891

Quote:

Originally Posted by twofortytwo View Post

http://www.boardsofcanada.com/ has had an empty album placeholder on the site for over a year now. It's common knowledge that a new album has been in the works for a while.

All this Facebook comment signifies is what we've already known for a while: a new album is on the way.

But given the distant nature of the band, I wouldn't say anything one way or the other until it's officially been announced with a date set in stone.

Fair enough, oh well I didn't know that.

Still pretty exciting!

Yes given their mysterious nature I wouldn't be surprised if they did a King of Limbs and announced it days before release or something.
mxmai +

Times thanked
< 33
hmm. the last one was a bit of a disappointment, i don't listen to it very often. had a couple of decent songs on it but nothing like geogaddi or music has the right.
twofortytwo +

Times thanked
< 7
I thought The Campfire Headphase was a brilliant album in its own right. Acoustically-based albums you can just play and relax to are very few and far between. The sounds on it are very powerful, but never overwhelming. To me it's always felt like coming out the back end of the bad acid trip that was Geogaddi. Quite an experience and certainly in the league of Geogaddi and MHtRtC.
jordan__ +

Times thanked
< 1,891
Yeah I love Campfire Headphase, one of my fave chill albums for sure. Probably prefer Geogaddi and Music has the Right, not sure if I could pick a fave out of those two though.

And it has been 7 years, no idea what to expect.

I've posted this here a couple of times but in case anyone hasn't heard this is amazing.

Media Player
omnipresence +

hocus pocus by focus

Times thanked
< 19
As long as they don't keep using that same chord / chord progression.
Info // Soundcloud // Facebook // Twitter
jordan__ +

Times thanked
< 1,891
They've been posting all of their albums as milestones on their facebook throughout today, they just posted Trans Canada Highway 15 mins ago...

http://www.facebook.com/boardsofcanada
Acperience 1 +

Times thanked
< 860

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan__ View Post

Yeah I love Campfire Headphase, one of my fave chill albums for sure. Probably prefer Geogaddi and Music has the Right, not sure if I could pick a fave out of those two though.

And it has been 7 years, no idea what to expect.

I've posted this here a couple of times but in case anyone hasn't heard this is amazing.

youtube link to the link you posted.. i can't post or quote links yet

What a fucking track. Wow...

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area.. I don't need big breaks, a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons.. I'm just going for the music.

jordan__ +

Times thanked
< 1,891
Yeah so good.
jordan__ +

Times thanked
< 1,891
'Boards of Canada updated their cover photo.'

jordan__ +

Times thanked
< 1,891
~ Boards of Canada conspiracies ~

Whois records of www.newcleardawn.com show that the registrant is Hexagon Sun (the art collective, also name of their recording studio).

Upon googling New Clear Dawn you can come across this tumblr http://tautological.tumblr.com/

which leads to this http://palethrough.tumblr.com/

Maybe this person is somehow involved with design for the new album or something - some awesome photos on here such as

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/73725-n...ed-to-hex-sun/

New Clear Dawn would be a pretty cool album title imo.
twofortytwo +

Times thanked
< 7
Why keep regurgitating non-news? The whole New Clear Dawn thing has been known about for years now. And that title is so god damn meta and cringe-worthy for a BoC album title that it hurts.
jordan__ +

Times thanked
< 1,891
Lol sorry for being overly excited at any BoC related news... I hadn't heard that before and thought it was a recent discovery.

And now that I think about it in comparison to their other titles
it is a bit lame.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »