Gaming, Computers, Phones, and Gadgets

Diablo 3

Closed thread
  Tools
NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,206
do you fire a bow irl while holding the quiver?? doesn't robin hood strap it to his back?

dual wielding two handed swords was a bug that they fixed. Having a quiver on your back is by design.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
i don't know what Robin Hood does... but shouldn't you then be able to equip the quiver and 2 x single handed crossbows

it's Diablo logic = zero
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,670
yeah just got confused with the slot names i guess.
and as troyshaun says, logic isnt there.

i've been rolling with 2 1 handed crossbows (very similar DPS) hitting me up with huge amounts of dexterity but now that i can just use a 2 handed crossbow/bow and a quiver well that should get slightly better results i imagine.

so with monk, what would the benefit of a 2 handed weapon over 2 1 handed with similar DPS be.

monks all about speed imo.
http://soundcloud.com/jarrardscott
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
yeah the way they set it up i don't think anyone should really duel wield... just isn't necessary.
MadMike +

Times thanked
< 3,881

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyShaun View Post

reckon your mates are carrying you, you were crying about how hard it was last week.

The bosses are not the issue. They are reasonably easy once you know how to avoid the big attacks and kite them around.

It's champion packs with "Molten Jailer Vortex Fast Rapist" suffixes that are the issue. They are way tougher than boss fights.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|
cuddlebear +

Times thanked
< 586
Do I have to finish normal to get to the next difficulty?

Seems overly easy (as I'm sure it is) but is taking much time.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
Yea normal to unlock nightmare, that's where the fun starts to happen.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,300

Quote:

i don't know what Robin Hood does... but shouldn't you then be able to equip the quiver and 2 x single handed crossbows

it's Diablo logic = zero

there were no single handed bows in D2 and they all required quivers so in that sense the mechanic has not changed

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
trAse +

He'll never be an old man rafter

Times thanked
< 13,966

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuddlebear View Post

Do I have to finish normal to get to the next difficulty?

Seems overly easy (as I'm sure it is) but is taking much time.

Enjoy the story, gawd!!!
ヽ༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽ ノ
Flathead_21 +

Times thanked
< 240

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMike View Post

It's champion packs with "Molten Jailer Vortex Fast Rapist" suffixes that are the issue. They are way tougher than boss fights.

"Extra Health Molten Mortar Invulnerable Minion" shits me off the most as a Wizard

NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 9,206
fire chains & shields i hate the most as a monk. Can't hurt them and you get sliced & diced from being close.
trAse +

Times thanked
< 13,966

Quote:

Originally Posted by NismoR31 View Post

fire chains & shields i hate the most as a monk. Can't hurt them and you get sliced & diced from being close.

Had a teleporting fire chain pack yesterday, was fucking retarded.
ヽ༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽ ノ
MadMike +

Times thanked
< 3,881
BY ALL THAT IS HOLY! DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
MadMike +

Times thanked
< 3,881
Anytime the guy at Blizzard who codes those suffixes reads a rage post he beats off furiously while giggling.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
RZArector +

muffin man

Times thanked
< 0
yo

i found a guy on EU that streams a lot of helpful stuff. He is on ar really shit times for us but he's stream page also has some very useful stuff on it ( mainly for wizards).

He shows how you can get any waypoint on any difficulty as long as you have gotten it in normal for example.

check it
http://www.twitch.tv/stayawhileandlisten

also feel free to add me @ #Breakfast1945
Twizard +

Life is like a bowl of rice

Times thanked
< 65

Quote:

The bosses are not the issue. They are reasonably easy once you know how to avoid the big attacks and kite them around.

So glad I haven't run into a pack with the rapist suffix. I am but an innocent scantily clad demon hunter.
LOKI'D!!

http://vimeo.com/41618569
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
just read that from random item grinding i have 2/5 items to make staff of herding, a page and a rainbow liquid... random shit... wonder if i will get all five before i know what they do.
UMGAWA +

Times thanked
< 4,176
Oh dear...
van_tango +

someone like you

Times thanked
< 13

Quote:

just read that from random item grinding i have 2/5 items to make staff of herding, a page and a rainbow liquid... random shit... wonder if i will get all five before i know what they do.

The rainbow liquid was by far the hardest for me to find, then the mushroom.
I've faith there is a future for us;
here as we are, or somewhere else.
cuddlebear +

Times thanked
< 586
I'm a barbarian and at the moment wielding two 1 handed axes. At my current level (20) I can wield two 1 handed axes at 21 dmg each or next level I can craft a purple 2 handed axe at 28 dmg (for a 2 handed wep).

Are two handed weapons always significantly less dmg or am i missing something?
Romie +

Times thanked
< 752
The game is retarded like that. 2 handers should be more damage but many variables can change this, including the items level which isnt displayed, modifiers etc. Also save your gold and dont waste your money with blacksmith. You can get better stuff on the Ah for the same price it will cost you to craft and atleast you know what stats you are getting. You're going to want the gold for when you get more towards the end of hell difficulty/start of inferno for gear.
BigGroovyFcuker +

Gurnstroker

Times thanked
< 2,300

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romie View Post

2 handers should be more damage

it's not retarded, because they do, in almost all instances of the game. the trade off to dual wielding is sacrificing dmg for speed.

in D3 the DPS metric takes all that into account so you can easily tell whether you're better off attacking quicker with less dmg or attacking slower but with more dmg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonPrice View Post

ITM is, as far as I can see, the institute of trolls and memes. Alas and alack---it's time for my evening meal.

Infringing on copyrights since 1999

ITM 2012 NRL SC Champion
UMGAWA +

Times thanked
< 4,176

Quote:

I'm a barbarian and at the moment wielding two 1 handed axes. At my current level (20) I can wield two 1 handed axes at 21 dmg each or next level I can craft a purple 2 handed axe at 28 dmg (for a 2 handed wep).

For where you're at don't be a JROD, listen to Romie.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411

Quote:

or if you want to enjoy the game longer don't use the Auction house do up the blacksmith

personally i thought two handers were crap, duel weilding was crap too... get a shield with +strength.
Derelict +

Derpcore gets the derpy dollars

Times thanked
< 5,433
Shield is the way to go with barbie hey? I was dual wielding for a while till I found some good two handers.

Why do these ****s have to do maint on nights when I can play? FFS.
Music is the best drug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post

PM derelict for manual labour shit

Last edited by Derelict: 29-May-12 at 07:34pm

patrickbateman +

the devil's son

Times thanked
< 2,293

Quote:

or if you want to enjoy the game longer don't use the Auction house do up the blacksmith

good luck when you hit inferno!
Swebbbber +

Times thanked
< 35
severs down makes me something something
midian +

'yeah, nah, go f**k yourself, I am the King of the Mods and I am the Decider. There can be only One. And.... go f**k yourself.'

Times thanked
< 2,591
OK so you know how the other day I was saying I could still play while all your servers were down? Well as it transpires there was a reason for that: for some reason the game defaulted me to the EU servers. RIP 40+ hours played on that toon
UMGAWA +

Times thanked
< 4,176
List of patch notes.

General
Players will now automatically join General chat when logging in

Classes

Monk
Active Skills
Serenity
Skill Rune - Tranquility
Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second
Mantra of Healing (tooltips will be updated in a later patch)
In addition to increasing Life regeneration for you and nearby allies while active, Mantra of Healing will now also shroud you and nearby allies with a mystical shield that absorbs damage for 3 seconds after activiation (up to a limited amount, based on level)

Skill Rune - Boon of Protection
Boon of Protection has been renamed Boom of Inspiration
Mantra of Healing will now heal you when dealing damage to an enemy (heal amount will be based on hero level)
Bug Fixes

General
Players should no longer receive an "Error 14009" when logging in
The "Select a Hero" menu will now also display the difficulty level for each character
Several speed improvements have been made to the streaming downloader

Achievements
All players in a party should now receive "Till Death Do Us Part" even if they don’t have Haedrig Eamon as their active follower

Acts

Act IV
Witch Doctors should no longer receive an error if they kill a Shadow Clone with a Damage-Over-Time (DoT) skill after it's launched a Firebomb but before it's reached its target

Auction House
The auction log in the Completed tab will now display a player's activity (bids, buyouts, sales, etc) in the proper order
When placing a new bid over a previous bid on the same auction, players will now be provided with the correct warning message: "Raising your maximum bid on an Auction you are already winning raises your current bid to just above your previous maximum bid. Are you sure you want to continue?"
Players will now receive an error message if they attempt to purchase an item after the 50 item limit has been reached in the Completed tab
The "Physical Damage" Preferred Stats option for rings has been renamed to "Bonus Minimum Physical Damage"
The "All Damage" Preferred Stats option for weapons and armor has been removed and replaced with bonuses of specific damage types
Items which have been purchased from a vendor and equipped by the player can now be sold on the Auction House
Listing items on the Auction House from a different character than the one currently selected should no longer cause item display issues

Battle.net

The public chat list will now sort alphabetically

Skills
Witch Doctor
Spirit Vessel (Passive) no longer clears debuffs when using waypoints or changing equipment

If you are experiencing technical issues with the patching process, connecting to Battle.net after installing the patch, or errors while playing a newly-patched game, please visit our support site for assistance.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickbateman View Post

good luck when you hit inferno!

that's the thing i'm not an mmo player i have absolutely no problem grinding out levels and gear in RPGs. i certainly don't expect to be playing the very last parts of the game in 2 weeks.
Wet Cardboard +

all time worst poster

Times thanked
< 1,923
FYI - if you get stuck in a patch loop just change the Language setting before logging in to get the download to start.
UMGAWA +

Times thanked
< 4,176
Worked fine for me, though server is down..
Twizard +

Times thanked
< 65
Wait so in the patch notes does that mean you can buy a max of 50 items from AH and that is it?
i haven't bought anything...you guys be all talking in millions and I'm still on like 300k.
LOKI'D!!

Flathead_21 +

Times thanked
< 240

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twizard View Post

Wait so in the patch notes does that mean you can buy a max of 50 items from AH and that is it?
i haven't bought anything...you guys be all talking in millions and I'm still on like 300k.

No you can pass 50, but you can only have 50 completed auctions "pending", either bought or sold, you need to go into the completed tab and collect them

MadMike +

Times thanked
< 3,881
Interesting: info from a Blizz Community Manager: "Inferno Act I loot" has a chance to drop in Hell Act IV as much as it does Inferno Act II.

Also this: http://i.imgur.com/0obSM.jpg
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
yea didn't they say when they put in the update for PvP they are also going to update Legendary items as well as Put an actual level on the items so people can tell what level they really are, apparently there are some issues with that at the moment.

Last edited by TroyShaun: 30-May-12 at 09:00am

MadMike +

Times thanked
< 3,881
Is there an echo in here?
in here
in here
in here
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
I have no idea what you are talking about.

that makes sense though and will be rather helpful for me, in that i don't use the auction house, would be near impossible to go from grinding Hell to doing Level one of inferno solo with out any help. things are looking up.

Last edited by TroyShaun: 30-May-12 at 09:10am

UMGAWA +

Times thanked
< 4,176

Quote:

Interesting: info from a Blizz Community Manager: "Inferno Act I loot" has a chance to drop in Hell Act IV as much as it does Inferno Act II.

Also this: http://i.imgur.com/0obSM.jpg

From Bashi?

As for that sword, Holy Fuckin.
Flathead_21 +

Times thanked
< 240
Blizzard is fail
Even their own End User License Agreement says there is "Offline mode", but there isn't

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/d3_eula.html

Quote:

Section 11
Duration of the "On-line" Component.
The Game is capable of both offline and online player modes, both of which require that you obtain authorized access to the Service. You understand and agree that the Service is provided by Blizzard at its discretion and may be terminated or otherwise discontinued by Blizzard pursuant to the Terms of Use.

Flathead_21 +

Times thanked
< 240
Inferno Tactics

Media Player
My Diablo 3 Inferno Tactic - YouTube

TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
perhaps they terminated the service just before the Beta
Twizard +

Times thanked
< 65
inferno tactic actually made me lol. Even with the help of a friend the warrior couldn't escape
LOKI'D!!

trAse +

Times thanked
< 13,966
Anyone work out how tanking works? Is it just who's the closest person dealing damage to a mob?
ヽ༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽ ノ
UMGAWA +

Times thanked
< 4,176
http://www.firejaywilson.com/

Awesome.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411

Quote:

Originally Posted by trAse View Post

Anyone work out how tanking works? Is it just who's the closest person dealing damage to a mob?

Tanking just refers to someone who gets in close to enemies - so yea closest person, most preferable taking hits while the ranged guys sit back and by pussies.
TroyShaun +

not a user.

Times thanked
< 411
that's not very nice, he shouldn't be fired or fed

some people are taking this a bit far i think, the game has issues but it's pretty awesome. or is this just a case of the vocal minority i mean over 7 million sales first week.
Twizard +

Times thanked
< 65
So does that mean he spent 80 $$ to make that rubbish site...? What a silly head
LOKI'D!!

Yergg +

I am a **** ALL the time

Times thanked
< 2,501

Quote:

Tanking just refers to someone who gets in close to enemies - so yea closest person, most preferable taking hits while the ranged guys sit back and by pussies.

thanks coach
jarrardscott +

Times thanked
< 4,670

Quote:

"tanks redirect enemy attacks and/or attention toward themselves in order to protect other characters or units."

basically, thats what i use the templar for
http://soundcloud.com/jarrardscott
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »