Sport and Fitness

NFL 2012: Brady could do with Manning up a bit.

Closed thread
  Tools
sounds_echoed +

stasis is death. see you on the other side.

Times thanked
< 318
Highly impressed by Luck but it's only per season so I'll wait till reg season for my comments.

Steelers looking really average. Will this be another disappointment for the Steelmen?
airconteka +

moving sideways in a forward motion

Times thanked
< 11,634
One can only hope
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

Originally Posted by sounds_echoed View Post

Highly impressed by Luck but it's only per season so I'll wait till reg season for my comments.

Steelers looking really average. Will this be another disappointment for the Steelmen?

Andrew Luck looks fucking mental. Ignore the picks (especially that second one which was all on the receiver), this kid is the real deal. Just watch him audible at the line. Kid knows how to adjust and read blitzes and his timing on passes is bang on. Reggie Wayne should be thanking him in advance for the 1000+ yard season he is going to have.

Steelers will be alright. Wallace will be back in camp but their rookie LT needs to shape up because he is getting absolutely manhandled by pass rushers. Mike Adams, is it?
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Also, Nick Foles seems legit.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Finally had a chance to watch most of the 2nd weeks games.

Freeman still looks to be struggling in TB. I know alot of people have him as a bounce back candidate given he has a no.1 receiver now but i still think he looks indecisive in the pocket & is taking too long to get the ball out. With Blounts injury, Doug Martin will get more time i guess. He can't block worth shit but he is exciting to watch with the ball in his hands. CJ1k looked pretty decent on his cuts in this game & looks to have got his burst back. Darius Reynaud has been an absolute beast this off season. I wonder how long it is till he is the no.2 RB behind Johnson & Ringer is demoted. His spot is atleast guarenteed on special teams.

Ponder looked ok in the game against a decent Buffalo pass rush. Kalil didn't look out of place at all & Ponder certainly will benifit this year from what will likely be very consistent play from his LT. Jerome Simpson has had a pretty good pre season too & the connection with Ponder looks good going forward. Thank god they aren't risking AP in the pre season. Joe Webb is awesome to watch

Tannehill looked more like what i think alot of people were expecting him to look like in his first game (myself included). Its going to be a long season for Miami. Cam Newton is such a fucking beast. I could watch him roll out of the pocket all day. No way this guy regresses.

MJD's holdout has been fantastic for Rashad Jennings & whilst he is no MJD, I think he has been serviceable.Given my earlier rant in this thread regarding players holding out, I love the Jags owners comments on the situation http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-for-Khan.html

Ryan Williams loked good for the Cardinals. Kolb still sucks & I'm betting they wished they hadn't of activited his contract extension this summer. I bet this bloke struggles to decide which shoe to put on first in the morning he is that scattered.

I love the look of Jonathon Dwyer for the Steelers. 2 weeks in a row he has impressed. With injuries to Redman & Mendenhall he should see some time, atleast early in the season. Guy has that big Tolbert body shape but is much quicker. Antonio Brown is a jet & i really enjoy watching him play, if only for TD celebrations like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThuXW...eature=related & this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDJMjco2Ma8 (excuse the quality)
Luck is awesome. I'm not going to pretend i know anything about being a QB so I'm not sure if some of his throws he released too early for his receivers or if his receiving corp just sucks & needs to catch up to his great play. Either way, he is going to have a great year.

Cassell has looked good for the Chiefs but I'd be concerned that Kevin Boss has been their best receiver in the first 2 games. They will lean heavily on the run this year. I know Isiah Pead has been talked up a fair bit this off season too & will likely steal carried from Steven Jackson, but i don't see what the fuss is about. Sure he has some speed but the guy has been unable to get out of the backfield so far this pre season.
You heard it here first - Luck & RG3 are going to be duds.
TRZA +

its party time, chumps!

Times thanked
< 5,662
so wait. season has started?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgd6MccwZc
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Feeling for David DeCastro. Shit injury to get so early into your career
Zodiac +

What do you mean we aren't going to the Superbowl?

Times thanked
< 3,284
Bye bye T.O.
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
And hello Russell Wilson!
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Can't beleive they are going to start the season with replacement officials. They have been largely gash this pre season
Lambretta +

Now Aussie....STILL dodgy

Times thanked
< 860
One HD is showing first game of season on Thursday - so hopefully we'll get decent coverage again from them this year.
Never mind the bollocks
Here's Lambretta
Lambretta +

Now Aussie....STILL dodgy

Times thanked
< 860
So is Peyton starting for the Broncos in round 1 for the visit of the Steelers?

The Jets should start by winning at home to the Bills - but knowing them they'll find a way to fuck it all up

Niners v Packers has to be one of the games of the round - even better than the classic Giants v Cowboys opener
Never mind the bollocks
Here's Lambretta
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Bills will run all over the Jets, they've been worse than usual since Tebow joined
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 11,634
I'm really looking forward to the ravens Bengals game as my finance GM is a Bengals fan and sits in the office next to mine
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
College football starts
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,284
Go Gamecocks!
"Words are bullshit. They are just useless sounds we make with our stupid mouths". Rafi - The league
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,284
Anybody have a stream?
karlsav +

mmm.

Times thanked
< 40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambretta View Post

So is Peyton starting for the Broncos in round 1 for the visit of the Steelers?

Should be , would take a brave man to say he won't. Hes had limited (but good) pre-season time. Threw two TDP's in the first quarter against the 49'ers last weekend then was dragged straight away even though it was rumoured he would be playing out 3 quarters.

I went to the Broncos game against the Seahawks the week before and again he played resonably well before coming off and the "hopefulls' came on and butchered the game. I just want to see how the Broncos/Manning will fair when the first game comes around and its the serious bidness....

Broncos are at Arizona tonight for their last trial.. .

Re: Tim Tebow - I have a soft spot for him now, hes not the greatest quarter back but dam hes a positive influence. PLus his work with charity/underprivalged kids is admirable.
www.myspace.com/karlsav
Out Now:
Myagi - Thug (KS rmx)

Coming soon:

KS & Nikita - How I roll
Rhythm Mechanic - Systematic Roll (KS rmx)
High Eight - Open Your Eyes (KS rmx)
Mesmer - Le Fued Food (KS rmx)
Mesmer - Glaregaze (KS rmx)

karlsav +

mmm.

Times thanked
< 40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

Anybody have a stream?

Lol - I can turn skype on for you and face the laptop tot he TV. Thats what I did for bledisloe game two last weekend.
www.myspace.com/karlsav
Out Now:
Myagi - Thug (KS rmx)

Coming soon:

KS & Nikita - How I roll
Rhythm Mechanic - Systematic Roll (KS rmx)
High Eight - Open Your Eyes (KS rmx)
Mesmer - Le Fued Food (KS rmx)
Mesmer - Glaregaze (KS rmx)

moskate +

Times thanked
< 146

Quote:

Anybody have a stream?

Vipbox was the go mate
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,284
i always forget vipbox, fuck. Bookmarking that shit now.
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Get all over it. Will be using it tomorrow for the Tennesee game.
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158

Quote:

Originally Posted by moskate View Post

College football starts

Go spartans
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Fuck yeah go Spartans. Just had my first win in awhile. Beer money for tonight
Rocca +

Query: Do you feel lucky, meatbag?

Times thanked
< 121
so any big names or surprises with the roster cuts? eagles let go of mike kafka and antonio dixon and joselio hanson
OH MMM TRANCE?

https://soundcloud.com/philby/phillip-bourne-july-2012

moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
John Beck made theTexans roster. That's a fairly big surprise
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Sam Durley of Div 3 Eureka College set the NCAA passing yards record today for a single game (736 yards).

Holy fuckballs
ozcar +

content

Times thanked
< 10
No fantasy?
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Just watching the first ep of this seasons hard knocks. Can't help but laugh when Chad says he promises to get arrested before the end of camp
moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
Just saw Tebow on the fashion channel....

Do not ask why I was watching the fashion channel
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,284
Let's Do this!

moskate +

Times thanked
< 146
G Men
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,284
Fuck the giants, hope they finish the season less than .500
b_bop +

Times thanked
< 234
Stuck at work with live scores only. How sad.
Wats clubing by yourself like and dose enyone do it
Pinozi +

Degenerate Speculator

Times thanked
< 22
ok done my morning work for the day - now I can watch the second half at my desk
wassup 2 3 4 wassup 2 3 4
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,284
vipbox for when you're stuck at work

http://www.vipboxsports.eu/sports/am...-football.html
Pinozi +

Degenerate Speculator

Times thanked
< 22
I usually go to atdhe for my streams - but cheers I'll keep it in mind when other sources dont work
wassup 2 3 4 wassup 2 3 4
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,284
Cruz with 3 drops, Murray with 131yds, Romo throwing for over 300, Ogletree 100+ rec yds. Good start to the season.
ozcar +

content

Times thanked
< 10
Cowboys fans live and die with #9.

Great start to the season.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

Cruz with 3 drops, Murray with 131yds, Romo throwing for over 300, Ogletree 100+ rec yds. Good start to the season.

I really liked Cruz from the beginning, but I think this season could highlight some of his flaws as a true NFL level player.
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
f yeah packers niners game is on One on Monday
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Feel like watching a loss eh?
"......and by the way, that 3 month old kid in your belly is not a fucking human being, its just a bunch of congregated cells you're not a human, until you're in my phonebook" -Bill Hicks
Jimmy B +

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiii

Times thanked
< 158
Got gamepass. Win!
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Got gamepass too, but the big screen in bed still wins!
Zodiac +

Times thanked
< 3,284
connect computer to big screen for the ultimate experience
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307

Quote:

connect computer to big screen for the ultimate experience

I really need to look into that.

Would anyone on hear know how/be able to give a quick rundown of what's needed to get hooked up to the big screen?
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 11,634
HDMI cable
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
Well fuck me, I'm now typing this from my big fuck off flat screen

Cheers carnt!
airconteka +

Times thanked
< 11,634
Don't thank me, thank science
Kid Creme +

This is classic Tammy.

Times thanked
< 307
I caught a few quarters of the game this morning but watched the condensed version just then. Boy were there a lot of penalties called in that second half. That epic run made by (Jones or Murray?) in the 3rd is what I love to see in football. A fine example of why you don't stop grinding until the whistle blows. Love it when players make something out of nothing. Block hard!

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but after years of ragging on him (and loving every minute of it) I think I'm gonna have to finally concede that Tony Romo is a mighty fine QB. There are little bits of his game that will still continue to baffle and amuse the living fuck out of me, but he really is a complete passer. Makes some mighty fine throws and you kind of get the feeling that they might be able to get something going this season.

Not sure what they'll be looking to address first next season (though O line clearly wouldn't hurt), but it wouldn't be such a bad idea to look at who's going so far as tight ends go next year. I know Jason Witten was injured, but he's still getting old as hell and it wouldn't hurt to see if there are any hybrid freaks on the scene next year to give them a little more opportunity in the passing game.

I gotta say, I love the condensed versions of games that they run on Game Pass. Means I will probably watch every game this season. But it also makes me realise that I'm kind of an old fart at heart who will still often need the full 3 hour experience. I like listening to what the commentators have to say on players as well as being able to kind of multitask around other things as I watch it. Both options have their benefits!
Closed thread

« Previous Thread Next Thread »