House, Techno and Progressive

Deep Dish

Page 2 of 3
  Tools
Al_Mac +

Rumour Miller....

Times thanked
< 4
then its settled... progressive techno is born!!

nice read though : ) i see your point a little clearer and dont have time today to debate my side as yet but will at some stage!!
May/June Happenings

*Watch This Space*

SHIFT_ - Facebook
To add or Not to Add!
richcur +

Peanuts

Times thanked
< 147
Here's Cedric's tracklist:

Stephan Luke 'Pressure' (CDR)
Boza 'Twisted Mind (Alex Celler Remix)' (Rawthentic Music)
Who's Who 'The Moon' (CDR)
George Morel And SPJ 'Lets Take... (Cedric Gervais Remix)' (Yoshotoshi)
Tocadisco 'Morumbi' (Superstar Recordings)
Jinkzilla ft Zodiac 'Man Up (Tiger Stripes Dub)' (Jinks Inc)
De'lacy 'Hideaway (Cedric Gervais 2008 WMC Mix)' (CDR)
Steve Lawler '21 Century Ketchup' (Sci Tek)
Dubfire and DJ Simi 'Angels Over Napoli' (CDR)
Rich Curtis' website & Facebook

Latitude End EP (incl Andre Sobota, Noraj Cue & Verve Rmxs) - Mar 24
Golden Wings Music "Unique" EP (incl Flipped) - May 2

Playing prog/tech LIVE on Proton Radio, 1st Tues of Month @10pm US EST

Last edited by richcur: 03-Apr-08 at 01:40pm

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_Mac

You beat me to it.

It seems that for what ever reason the title has always been avoided. It does not sound great but that is what it is.
rolinconnection +

redlining

Times thanked
< 13
its exactly what it is and its mad.

edit who let Sharam into the booth at 36 mins ?

Sat April 14 w/ Joseph Capriati @ Pacha, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fri April 20 w/ James Zabiela, Robert Hood etc @ Brown Alley
Fri June 10 w/ Guy J @ Roxanne Parlour
Fri June 10 w/ Jesper Dahlback @ Brown Alley
Fri July 1 Sunny Rooftop Sessions @ Brown Alley
Fri July 2 Chinese Laundry, Sydney

Last edited by rolinconnection: 03-Apr-08 at 02:50pm

Al_Mac +

Rumour Miller....

Times thanked
< 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by carramrod

You beat me to it.

It seems that for what ever reason the title has always been avoided. It does not sound great but that is what it is.

yeah it has... dunno why though!! could be out of fear of getting a label and people switching off as it is labelled if that makes sense?

why do we need to label stuff anyway, i just see it as being good music!! as opposed to being bad! maybe to give those who dont understand a starting point to try and understand it all???

i think the first time i heard the expression was during a triple j mix up with monolake who descirbed his music this way?
May/June Happenings

*Watch This Space*

SHIFT_ - Facebook
To add or Not to Add!
sonicc +

>O__/ QuACK >O__/ QuACK >O__/ QuACK

Times thanked
< 3,319
Hey everyone Deep Dish are back!!!
Cats are not actually smaller than horses, they are just further away - ITM PROVERB
sparc54 +

A model citizen.

Times thanked
< 2
I thought this thread was going to be about this set:

Deep Dish - 1st Anniversary - Connected Live on Proton Radio (2008 - 03-27)

01 Sultan & Ned Shepard Ft Zara - Let�s Get Physical [Unsigned]
02 Kos - The Beginning [Familia]
03 Kivanc Kitapci - Creepy Feather (Pako & Frederik Rmx) [Ascension]
04 Sasha - Mongoose (Maher Daniel Rmx) [Unsigned]
05 Patch Park - Turn Around [Unsigned]
06 Dformation & David Ferrero - What U Want [Yoshitoshi]
07 Kos - Castle Kickback [Familia]
08 Dubfunk - Mandala (Patch Park Rmx) [Audiotherapy]
09 Daniel Portman - White Russian [Unreleased Digital]
10 Daniel Portman - White Russian (Maher Daniel Rmx) [Unreleased Digital]
11 Paolo Mojo - Paris

http://rapidshare.com/files/10280424...8_-_03-27_.mp3

Not sure what it means by 1st Anniversary though..
ezza69 +

Times thanked
< 90
never heard of that cedric guy before, and after looking at his myspace page, he looks like a tool. but he played some absolute stormer tracks. especially the first one and the one around the 19min mark sampling george bush....must get!

overall between the two, the deep dish one was a better set though, bring on the age of "progressive techno" no complaints here
boi85 +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_Mac

Oh God.
dave1986 +

Times thanked
< 0
Funnily enough i have used the term progressive techno or 'proggy techno' to describe a lot of music lately, and especially recently with the techno explosion/popularity bla bla...for me it only proves arclite's point more vividly...at the end of the day these words are adjectives and are used to describe familiar concepts.

I have no beef with using genre's, or even amalgamated ones like 'progressive techno' to describe what i feel justifies the title. I can understand why people get all antsy about it but whatever, its not all that important really.

On another note, proggy techno FTW!
Downpressorman +

<3 DJ Slade

Times thanked
< 1
progressive techno is a contradiction in terms.
sparc54 +

A model citizen.

Times thanked
< 2
I haven't listened to the set, but in principle I have to agree with arclite on the whole progressive thing. For mine, what I class as true progressive music is music that takes you higher, whereas conversely techno is driving beat punctured with embellishments that take the intensity higher rather than the mood.

My mate and I played a set the other night with tracks by shiloh and others and wow did it feel good to hear true melodic prog again, and the difference between the sound of it and some of the recent prog was really pointed.

Yeah we all know the music has moved on, but to me a true progressive set is one where at a certain point in the set you just have to stand still and let the shivers roll down your body as you look skyward cause the music just hits you in the groin, the heart, and the head all at once and it is so fucking good. Techno does not do that, and I suspect, neither does that set.

Not to say that I'm against progressive being an all-encompassing sound, interspersed with all manner of tracks, and I reckon sets from the likes of stephan bodzin and extrawelt have a home in this forum cause of their ability to take you on a ride and make your eyes wobble, but at some point you just have to say that that thumping crazy twitching beat doesn't really sound like prog.. But hey, the techno forum sure wouldn't have them, so they may as well stay here
jester_fu +

I ammmmmmmm

Times thanked
< 200

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arclite

Agreed. Techno band wagon anyone. Hey look, if that's what you want to play then fine but I'm sick of the sheep.

There is still plenty of really decent prog being produced. I don't want to hear this shit in the prog forum...

Dudes - you totally suck at knowing anything. I've got Yoshi 002 up to 010 and i can assure you that 'the Dish' have been anything but "on the techno bandwagon" since they launched their own label all those moons ago. The dodgey looking leb boys know good tunes. They always have. They don't care about setting some neat little box for narrow minds to put music into... and it's why i've never missed one of their gig's in Aus since they played support for BT back in the '90s. Those early relaeases are some of the most banging minimal styled techno from that era bar none.

Deep Dish Rock

Di - once again
SamJam +

Sik Khunt

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparc54

My mate and I played a set the other night with tracks by shiloh and others and wow did it feel good to hear true melodic prog again, and the difference between the sound of it and some of the recent prog was really pointed.

Yeah we all know the music has moved on, but to me a true progressive set is one where at a certain point in the set you just have to stand still and let the shivers roll down your body as you look skyward cause the music just hits you in the groin, the heart, and the head all at once and it is so fucking good. Techno does not do that, and I suspect, neither does that set.

but essientially your just talking about a progressive tune...if you played 3 hours of those same kind of tunes...then i wouldnt call it a progressive set.

personally i think the music is secondary to how you structure your music
sparc54 +

A model citizen.

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamJam

but essientially your just talking about a progressive tune...if you played 3 hours of those same kind of tunes...then i wouldnt call it a progressive set.

personally i think the music is secondary to how you structure your music

I know what you and everyone else is saying, but by there nature all sets should have progression, so where exactly do you draw the line? It's hard I guess, Burridge in Melbourne played a crazy good set of rollicking, rolling music, with tracks like paul ritch - samba, and dubfire's remix of transit time to name a couple, and even though in structure it could well have been similiar to progressive - ebbs and flows, and peaking just at the right times, I don't think anyone on the night would have said, yes that was a progressive set.
dave1986 +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Downpressorman

progressive techno is a contradiction in terms.

I disagree

check this song out on beatport

Marco Bailey, Tom Hades - Saint Paul

good example imo...btw f'ing choon!
sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,319
Seeing that this thread has sort of gone of the topic of Deep Dish i dont think it will hurt to post a Cedric Gervais set that i have been listening to latley.

http://www.mercuryupload.com/media/d...p?id=A61EE7AE1
Cats are not actually smaller than horses, they are just further away - ITM PROVERB
Downpressorman +

<3 DJ Slade

Times thanked
< 1
Anyone who thinks that the current tech sound is remotely 'progressive' is highlighting the fact they have a very shallow understanding of electronic music from the past decade.
boi85 +

Times thanked
< 16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Downpressorman

Anyone who thinks that the current tech sound is remotely 'progressive' is highlighting the fact they have a very shallow understanding of electronic music from the past decade.

FAP FAP FaP.
Master Mischief +

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arclite

Hey Al, wasn't saying anything bad about Mushroom Man. Just using it for comparison purposes.

I don't differentiate between the terms 'prog' and 'progressive'. They are the same thing. But progressive house is one type of progressive music.

I agree, Beatport can get it wrong but would argue that they are attempting to do something meaningful and useful in their classification process which can be very difficult at times.

Now I have the day off today and am in the mood for a bit of a strokefest. I cant be bothered starting a new thread so lube up kiddies, here it is.

We have all spoken at length about how Progressive music started out as a kind of fusion between the elements of house and trance. Historically prog was initially more trancey and heavily melody driven. Progressive house was born perhaps 1997-2000 when producers began to slow the bpm down, emphasise beats and bass and the music became deeper and darker. Progressive breaks perhaps had its zenith around 2004. Progressive house became particularly dark and plodding 2001 to 2003 and we know that turned a lot of people off the genre (see below). I think it has lightened up considerably since then and the funky prog that people like Desyn pushed from 2003 -2006 was really a breath of fresh air. But nothing stays the same in prog and with the resurgence of techno and trance in other musical circles, producers have begun to infuse many of their prog style tracks with tech, trance and minimal elements over the last couple of years. It is this evolution of the progressive sound which makes it one of the most interesting and enjoyable forms of electronic music around.

But if the progressive sound has changed so much, why do I and many others persist in calling IT progressive? Why not just call IT something new. Well the typical answer that I get is : because IT has evolved and progressed into new forms over time. Well yep, I agree but this conveniently ignores the subject of the sentence. You havent explained what IT is. When people say you cant define or explain what IT/prog is, just go and listen to IT, I really think that they are just being lazy. It reeks of the foul whiff of post-modernism and contributes about as much.

I think there is a classically progressive style that is unmistakable. It seems to be frequently characterised by certain elements and a certain structure: a tuff 4/4 chugging beat, layered synths, percussion and effects (often with great subtlety), intros that build and then the sound evolves into something much larger than the start of the track, fairly predictable breakdowns and often those fist pumping moments when the beat kicks back in after the breakdown. There is often a clever/intelligent use of sounds or sounds that you havent heard before i.e. it pushes sonic boundaries.

There are about a million ways you can play with this basic structure such that tracks may have a deep and dark, or spacey, funky, bleepy, or light and fluffy feel to them. Some prog tracks can be pretty while others feel like they are going to rip your balls off. By changing or adding various other musical elements you can have progressive breaks, trance, or tech etc but if you retain enough of the basic structure that I have outlined, I think you can call it progressive. And I think that when people hear enough of these basic elements in a track, they pidgeon hole it as prog quite rightly. This is why if you go to, say, the Post Your Mixes thread you will notice that jocks frequently describe their sets as a bit proggy, or techy or minimal. This is meaningful and we know what kind of things to expect because we do in fact know what these terms refer to.

Categorisation is useful to us. We do it with everything in life. It is an informative shorthand and Im buggered if I know why people think that categorization in itself is such a bad thing. It is only when a particular category is maligned (rightly or wrongly) or deemed to represent certain undesirable things that people shy away from it. In fact a good example of this occurred around 2002. A lot of progressive music being made at that time was deep, dark and plodding and that mood/style became synonymous (albeit wrongly) with the term progressive. It was a merely one type of progressive music and did not represent the whole genre. Commentators and punters were just misinformed about what prog is/was probably because those who understood prog failed to make the distinctions that I and others have made.

One final point of confusion: Progressive has three levels of abstraction that I know of and this causes all sorts of confusion. You can use the term progressive to:

1. describe the style or basic elements of an individual track
2. describe a set
3. describe a genre of music

I have spoken about (1) in detail above.

I think that number (2) generates the most debate and I realize that this is the point where many may get on my case. I think sets typically get described as progressive if they contains (a) a fair amount of progressive tracks and/or (b) if the music evolves in a particular way/takes you on a journey.

I have to say that I am not fond of (b) for two reasons. Firstly, whether or not a set takes you on a journey is a very subjective thing and hence I dont think this kind of description tells you anything objectively meaningful about the music that is played. Secondly, any set of any type of music could potentially be described as progressive or evolving in this way. But I and most others dont use the term progressive to describe a symphony, or a country and western set or a hard trance set even though they may evolve and take you on some sort of a journey. We use the term progressive to describe a particular form of electronic music that has certain basic elements. This is why I object to purely techno sets in the prog forum (to bring us back on topic). But note I am not criticizing the set on its merits. I like many others in this thread dont mind the set at all. The point I was making is that it isnt prog. People may assume that this set qualifies as prog because its Deep Dish (who have made a lot of prog in the past). It doesnt. Its techno.

(3) is a little easier I think. I think there is a single genre that can be described as progressive music because the music retains certain basic elements. But that is not to say that it doesnt have a variety of different influences from other styles of music. It has many. Importantly, the music in this genre has changed or progressed significantly over time. But because the basic stylistic elements of prog are still used you can see the similarities between a prog track made in 2000 and one made in 2008.

So there you have my two cents strokers. Do your worst

Very well written mate...excellent read...cheers
http://m.soundcloud.com/dave-allen-brisbane-qld/
Downpressorman +

<3 DJ Slade

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by boi85

FAP FAP FaP.

Isn't that the sound you make when you hear pryda's latest rubbish?
opaline +

Times thanked
< 0
These forums seriously suck arse these days. Good music is good music! Who gives a fuck what people call it? Would you guys rather DJs lied to their fans by continuing to play their original sound regardless of what they're into at the moment? If that was the case then Sasha would be playing handbag house, Moby would be playing happy hardcore & Richie Hawtin would be playing cheesy raves whilst blowing a whistle to the beat. In fact most of us wouldn't be playing dance music at all. Please allow your favourite DJs to enjoy their musical journey along with the rest of us.
sparc54 +

A model citizen.

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by opaline

These forums seriously suck arse these days. Good music is good music! Who gives a fuck what people call it? Would you guys rather DJs lied to their fans by continuing to play their original sound regardless of what they're into at the moment? If that was the case then Sasha would be playing handbag house, Moby would be playing happy hardcore & Richie Hawtin would be playing cheesy raves whilst blowing a whistle to the beat. In fact most of us wouldn't be playing dance music at all. Please allow your favourite DJs to enjoy their musical journey along with the rest of us.

I'm feeling the need to point out that forums are a place of discussion - you can't control what people want to talk about, or what tangents they may go on. Besides I think talking about the merits of a said set or choice of music is perfectly legitimate, it's not like anyone is flying in saying 'deep dish are shit!' or anything.
LeZp +

Times thanked
< 2
i was just checking out sharam's myspace

check out his new single "the one" ft Daniel Bedingfield

that's right Daniel Bedingfield

what the fuck is this shit

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=47733540

If he keeps pumping this shit out, i hope to god deep dish never get back together

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie

jrod do you have a sign on your bedroom wall that says

"PANTS FIRST
THEN SHOES"

?

Carte Blanche +

. . . those carefully prepared, scripted remarks.

Times thanked
< 5
If it had Dirty South's name on it you wouldn't bat an eyelid. The Onelove kids are gonna love it.
Mercury-Drinker +

but still...

Times thanked
< 43
A lot of the ‘techno’ I'm into and dare I say a lot of the 'techno' we are discussing has been so heavily influenced by progressive house that it’s almost pointless arguing its genre. It’s created a whole new sound, a cross over of both techno and progressive house sounds and structures.
Enjoy it for what it is, good music
sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,319
Check out this Dubfire video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szc_-CsOEh4
skewiffed_beats +

Cow .............. Bell

Times thanked
< 1
Deep Dish - Space Ibiza - Opening Party 1st June 2008
3hrs +

MegaUpload
I've been smokin all weekend........ And you know the worst bit?No F*#kers stopped to put me out.

SoundCloud - Twitter - WordPress
LeZp +

Times thanked
< 2
nice one

Quote:

"PANTS FIRST
THEN SHOES"

?

sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,319
Im on it sir....
LeZp +

Times thanked
< 2
fuck the people talking though it is so annoying, it seems constant

also interesting to hear, they aren't playing b2b

Probably a good thing, we can skip the bits where sharam plays his new junk

Quote:

"PANTS FIRST
THEN SHOES"

?

dave1986 +

Times thanked
< 0
Is this any good? Worth downloading?
richcur +

Peanuts

Times thanked
< 147
Should be a semi-good warmup for Dubfire's onslaught at WLS!!
Rich Curtis' website & Facebook

Latitude End EP (incl Andre Sobota, Noraj Cue & Verve Rmxs) - Mar 24
Golden Wings Music "Unique" EP (incl Flipped) - May 2

Playing prog/tech LIVE on Proton Radio, 1st Tues of Month @10pm US EST
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
I am in the process of listening to Deep Dish close the Sace opening. Sharam is 30 minutes into his effort after a good enough opening from Dubfire. To my surprise Sharam is killing it!

I am holding my breath because I cannot believe my ears. He opened with that Sven Vath style techno and is now moving into more rolling proggressive-techno styled stuff.

I listened to the Dubfire interview and his stated enthusiasm to work together as Deep Dish again coupled with this sort of set means they are on target to be better than ever.

Now all I need is to get through the next 90 minutes.
angy +

DEFQON.1!!!!!!!!!!!

Times thanked
< 244
^^Told ya bitches, Sharam is a hot fucking DJ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverh View Post

Angy: All About The PLUR

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverh View Post

more PLUR please Angy.

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
^Naah, this is a different context. I haven heard this from him in years. No vocals, no cheese, just driving beats.
Buey +

Chugg on..

Times thanked
< 7
cbf'd reading the whole thread.. but am bored at work so ill comment anyway :p

I prefer a simplistic definition of prog. i.e. prog is half way between house and trance. Or at least prog is on the continuum between house and trance. Some prog sounds are more towards the trancey end, some sounds more housey.

Someone said that to me a while ago and i still think its as good a definition as any. Definitely wins for simplicity value.

I definitely miss prog from the early 2000s though. Unfortunately i wasn't into it then. Listening to deep dish sets from back then makes me sad. The music was just so good. Even like their 2005 mixes were awesome.. like their creamfields essential mix. I love that driving sound. Had so much energy but was definitely still house music.

ps. and for the record.. i think the word progressive refers to the flow of the music in the song. I.e. the song rolls along and builds slowly.. continuing steadily by increments.

I dont think 'progressive' as in like, forward thinking, encompassing new ideas, innovative. Although it often does that, dont think thats what it means.

Last edited by Buey: 27-Jun-08 at 04:36pm

jessiebird +

lady muck

Times thanked
< 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buey

ps. and for the record.. i think the word progressive refers to the flow of the music in the song. I.e. the song rolls along andbuilds slowly.. continuing steadily by increments.

That is exactly how i would describe it.

We don't need these essay style responses to try to argue what prog is. It really isn't that complicated.
Benny and the jets +

Habitual Line-Stepper

Times thanked
< 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buey

cbf'd reading the whole thread.. but am bored at work so ill comment anyway :p

I prefer a simplistic definition of prog. i.e. prog is half way between house and trance. Or at least prog is on the continuum between house and trance. Some prog sounds are more towards the trancey end, some sounds more housey.

Someone said that to me a while ago and i still think its as good a definition as any. Definitely wins for simplicity value.

I definitely miss prog from the early 2000s though. Unfortunately i wasn't into it then. Listening to deep dish sets from back then makes me sad. The music was just so good. Even like their 2005 mixes were awesome.. like their creamfields essential mix. I love that driving sound. Had so much energy but was definitely still house music.

ps. and for the record.. i think the word progressive refers to the flow of the music in the song. I.e. the song rolls along and builds slowly.. continuing steadily by increments.

I dont think 'progressive' as in like, forward thinking, encompassing new ideas, innovative. Although it often does that, dont think thats what it means.

My thoughts exactly, on the forward thinking/innovative idea, this applies to progressive rock and progressive heavy metal , not so much dance music.

Yeah and Deep Dish are awesome!
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
The strongest indication yet!
I guess we needed a Sharam solo set to make sure that the wagon is back on the tracks.

Has a listen to this:

Deep Dish [Sharam] - DJ Set at Club FG 11-07-2008

That one fucking song!!! You all know what it is. Aside from it there are no other cheesy vocals, solid techno/tech-house (even prog) basslines, the occasional proggy melody. This is like the last sign.

I would be happy enough to listen to this on a night out.

Last edited by carramrod: 18-Jul-08 at 10:42am

carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Some Solo Dubfire...
Deep Dish [Dubfire] - Live at Bye Madrid Hola Ibiza@Goa Fabric Madrid 22-06-2008

As you can see it is from Goa. I had a bad experience with a Tiefschwarz set from earlier this year. This is more a commentry of a club night than a musical experience.

I had a skim through it there seems to be a 10-15 minute section of talking.

I probably wont listen to it after almost putting my fist through my computer monitor while listening to the Ali set.

On a positive note it is Dubfire so you know that there is quality there!
sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,319

Quote:

Originally Posted by carramrod

Deep Dish [Dubfire] - Live at Bye Madrid Hola Ibiza@Goa Fabric Madrid 22-06-2008

As you can see it is from Goa. I had a bad experience with a Tiefschwarz set from earlier this year. This is more a commentry of a club night than a musical experience.

I had a skim through it there seems to be a 10-15 minute section of talking.

I probably wont listen to it after almost putting my fist through my computer monitor while listening to the Ali set.

On a positive note it is Dubfire so you know that there is quality there!

^^ Yeah thats all good but is it progressive house? You see i look at prog to be a feeling an attitute a journey and............ARRRRRRR only joking, just trying to keep inline with the rest of the thread. Awsome will give it a go.
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Dubfire - Live at Global Gathering Russia 03-08-2008

Dubfire - Live at Space Ibiza 29-07-2008
sonicc +

Times thanked
< 3,319
Deep Dish @ Club Mylos Beach, Creta, Greece - 1.02.08
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OR3K7Z33

^^I havent listened to this one yet

Deep Dish - Live @ Exit Festival 2008 10-07-2008
http://uploaded.to/?id=vbw9cp

And an oldie thrown in

http://www.mediafire.com/?5yzyo5njzgq

Re: Deep Dish essential mix 12-7-1998

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1998-07-12 Deep Dish

Sanasol Vs Ozzy - "Seven Eleven" (Thule)
Artist Unknown - "Primitive Tools Edition One" (Primitive)
Attaboy - "Solid Space Business" (Pagan)
Emily - Untitled (Yoshitoshi)
Problem Kids - "Miles Away" (Paper)
Wambonix - Untitled (Earth)
Latino Circus - "In Your Soul" (Yoshitoshi)
David Alvarado - Untitled (Yoshitoshi)
Deep Dish - "Summer's Over" (Deconstruction)
All-Star Madness - "Magic" (Atlantic)
Danny Tenaglia Featuring Cevin Fisher - "The Better Days" (Twisted)
Korsakov - "Deep In Space" (Muller )
PSI Perfomer - Untitled (white Label)
Love + Rockets - "Resurrection Hex" (Red Ant)
2 Phat ***** - "Ride" (Yoshitoshi)
Aril Brikha - "Groove L'achord" (Fragile)
Stonemaker - "Tangent" (Bellboy)
Artist Unknown - Untitled (Toko #13)
K.O.T Featuring Julie McKnight - "I Want You" (Yoshitoshi)
Deep Dish Featuring Everything But The Girl - "The Future Of The Future" (deConstruction)
Jose Mourinho +

Times thanked
< 11
Setlist if anyone was interested

Dubfire (Deep Dish) - Live at Global Gathering - Saint Petersberg, Russia - 2008
1.System 7 - Space Bird ( Dubfire Deep Space Remix )
2. ID
3. ID
4. Robert Babicz - Dark Flower ( Joris Voorn Magnolia Mix )
5. Radio Slave - Grindhouse ( Dubfire Planer Terror Mix )
6. Steve Lawler - 21st Century Ketchup ( TG Remix )
7. ID
8. ID
9. Dubfire Vs Oliver Huntemann - Diablo
10.ID

Pretty Cool Set.

Whats the new space set like?
carramrod +

Times thanked
< 16
Going to put this in here because I don't want to start another thread for it.

I have skimmed through it and, while there are a few moments of Sharam it actually sounds quite good. It seems worth listening to.

Essential Mix 29.08.2009 feat Sharam

Quote:

Tracklist:

01. Ennio Morricone Ecstasy Of Gold (Sharam Edit) (White Label)
02. Sharam Vs. Nic Fanciulli Track With No Name (Data)
03. Marc Antona & Xiki Hawah (Micro Fibers)
04. Rodriguez Jr. Pandora (Kids of Gula)
05. D-Unity Samburu (Yoshitoshi)
06. Dosem 'Beach Kisses (Joris Voorn Green Mix) (Green Records)
07. DBN Feat. Madita Asteroidz (Sharam's Crazi Remix) (Yoshitoshi)
08. Sharam Feat. Kid Cudi 'She Came Along (Sharam's Ecstasy Of Ibiza Mix)' (Data)
09. Steve Aoki Feat. Zuper Blahq 'Im In the House (Sharam's Lovefest Remix)' (Dim Mak)
10. Okain Blackrock (Quartz Records)
11. Photon Inc Give A Little Love (DJ Pierre's Tha Wild Pitch Mix / Sharam Edit) (Strictly Rhythm)
12. D-Nox & Beckers Cala Boca (Gabe remix) (Global Noises)
13. Nadastrom Squarez (White Label)
14. Fiord Get up Jude (Beckers Remix) (Vapour8 Recordings)
15. Cedric Gervais Mauri's Dream (Sharam's Eternity Remix)' (White Label)
16. Namito Train To Tehran (Daniele Papini remix) (Kling Klong)
17. D-Unity Sax Me Up (D-Unity's Crazy Sax Mix) (White Label)
18. Sharam Vikings (DCI)
19. Sharam Vs. Julien Jeweil 'Pattgate' (White Label)
20. Namito V (Yoshitoshi)

NismoR31 +

Times thanked
< 8,982
overall it was good, but gets a bit bleepy towards the end which ruined it for me. the first hour or so is awesome.
FTorres +

Times thanked
< 167
So recently I've been downloading a heap of Digger's and guest's Kiss 100 FM mixes.

This set is a must have for any lovers of that older progressive house sound -

Kiss100 : Show 001
Deep Dish Live at Bedrock
Heaven, Villiers St, London WC2 (03-August-2000)
Part 1

01. Weekend World - The Word [Yoshitoshi Recordings | YR064]
02. Weekend World - The Word (Dub) [Yoshitoshi Recordings | YR064]
03. Always Remember To Respect And Honour Your Mother - Part One (Deep Dish Loves Their Motha Remix) (Deep Dish Mix) [Go! Beat | GOBX 36]
04. New Phunk Theory Feat. Kerry Green - Always (Little Green Vocal Dub) [Airtight | AIR 009 R]
05. Datar - B (Tarrentella & Redankas' NYSC Mix) [Hooj Choons | HOOJ 100]
06. Sunkissed - Spellbound [Spiritual Records | SPR 004]
07. Drum Guru - 12 am [Trackdown Records | TRD 2013]
08. Autokat - Gimme the Beat (Autokat's Marooned Mix) [Yoshitoshi Recordings | YR065]

http://www.mediafire.com/?wcmc2gj3fohwkh8

Part 2

01. Autokat - Gimme the Beat (Autokat's Marooned Mix) [Yoshitoshi Recordings | YR065]
02. Night On Earth feat. Paul Brtschitsch and André Galluzzi - Fernlicht [Ongaku Musik | ONGAKU 021]
03. Audiomontage - Fly Baby (Tom Middleton's Cosmos Remix) [Freerange Records | FR014]
04. PQM featuring Cica - The Flying Song (Markus Schulz Renaissance Remix) [Renaissance | RENX004]
05. Weekend World - Outsider [Yoshitoshi Recordings | YR064]
06. Orinoko - Island (Alt. Mix) [Positiva | 12TIVDJD-165]
07. Weekend World - Sessions 2 (Sacred Sessions EP) [Tide NS | TIDENS 004-6]
08. Oko Tek - Luminous (Original mix) [Bedrock Bedrock Records | Bed 20]

http://www.mediafire.com/?eg9rkd1s1j68715

Download now! Can see this set getting a lot of repeat plays with me.

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area and drink fancy champagne. I don't need big breaks and a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons... I'm just going for the music.

turkman +

khlav kalash

Times thanked
< 1,433
Datar - B (Tarrentella & Redankas' NYSC Mix)

Tune!

"Where you can be, all you can be"

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashedman

if you stroke your chin hard enough i heard a genie comes out and gives you 3 track ids

FTorres +

Times thanked
< 167
^ Yeah mad tune.

Also, my favourite tune from this set and one of the best prog tracks I think I've heard -

07. Weekend World - Sessions 2 (Sacred Sessions EP) [Tide NS | TIDENS 004-6]

No youtube but it starts at around 44:30 in part 2. Dark, mean bassline. If I was a DJ it's exactly the type of track I'd love to play to a crowd during a headline set at peak hour..

"The lights go out and I find myself on the dance floor. Surrounding me both girls and boys taking off their clothes.. and the DJ is playing this music.. and i feel like, I just got high. Here i am, standing in this naked crowd.. I close my eyes and the music takes control. The lights go out, the lights go out, the lights go out."

Quote:

I don't go to be in the VIP area and drink fancy champagne. I don't need big breaks and a big song with a buildup and lights and smoke.. all you need is a kickdrum and a good bassline. You don't need any of that other shit. Na, I'm not going for none of those reasons... I'm just going for the music.

Last edited by FTorres: 25-Jun-11 at 10:36am

Reason: Optional

Page 2 of 3

« Previous Thread Next Thread »