The DJ Booth

Behringer B-Control DEEJAY BCD2000

Tools
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
Soz, by Xylio software I meant the BDJ application, grab the latest version here:

http://www.xylio.com/site/index.php?...nu.html&rpage=

theres some directx effects at that link you can use with your BCD too, and I'll bundle up all the different skins, fx and config files I've got and link it up for you soon too.
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<
It's still not working

Tried it on another stereo, admittedly just as shit as the other one, and still was skipping etc.

Would playing it through an amp and then speakers make a difference that playing it through two different shitty stereo systems?

Am starting to think my computer just can't hack it. boohoo
Living the dream...
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
I really don't think it's your amp, it seems like the computer might be under too much load but it should be fine according to your system specs. I think there's a guide somewhere around here about optimising your PC for audio software, see if you can find it.

In the meantime I bundled up all my fave directX effects and skins for you (excluding the .dll effects you can download directly from the xylio site), grab it here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...exemail.com.au
chico_brisbane +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Try another computer then. If that fails, give it to me for $150
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<
I'll try another computer this weekend, fingers crossed it fkn works.

The only other computer we have though is a sack of shit, or my sisters laptop (which will be going to sydney soon)

Will try other ones and see what happens
Living the dream...
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<
It finally worked, albeit on my sisters computer. Still won't work on mine, dunno why, pretty gutted as I have about 100gig of songs I wanted to play with. Will have to transfer them over to my sisters computer and just play with that for a while!

Also did I read somewhere that you can adjust how good the pitch range is? Because when I move the pitch control even a tiny bit it jumps like .6 of a bpm etc making it nearly impossible to match the beats
Living the dream...
chico_brisbane +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Bad luck about your computer, just wack all the songs onto an external harddrive. They are cheap as chips these days, check ebay or www.umart.com.au or one of the other cheap online computer stores.

The pitch increments should be able to be altered, I'm not 100% sure myself. Only need to save another $200 before i can get one myself :'(
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
Yeah I think the pitch range defaults to 12% or something but I've changed mine to 6%.
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<
How do I change the pitch control? Can't seem to find the settings for it anywhere??
Living the dream...
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
After a few months of researching usb midi controllers, I finally bought myself one of these this afternoon and am very pleased, it does everything I expected it to and it seems to keep giving.

I'm not a dj or a producer by any means, but I love my music and wanted something to mix tracks with that was not a mouse.

Tried the application that comes with it, not to much of a fan of it, as I've been tooling around with Virual DJ quite a lot recently and I like what that does, but it's ok for what it is. It has been suggested that I try Tracktor, so will get myself a copy of that shortly.

All in all, very happy with it

Thanks for the link DJ Fusion, greatly appreciated

I'll let you know how I get on with it.

(Purchased for $245 from Billy Hydes, Blackburn, Vic.)
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
inditisipity +

Deeper Then House

Times thanked
<
hey all, rigged it up to ableton a while ago (my bcd2000 der!) and hooked up a resonator in ableton, and i got meself a vocoder
Dektek on Beatport
Dektek on Facebook
Dektek Has taken a few years off, but will commence releases June 2012

Upcoming Gigs:

Sat Apr 28 | Subtrakt boat party | KEVIN GRIFFITHS (Tsuba)
Sun Jun | Sundae @ Watt
Frid June 29 | WinterBass @ The Arena
chico_brisbane +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
OMG BARGEARSE!!!!!! Points at Ralph Wiggum's avatar
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
Christ, was that me or the door?

Has anyone else tried using Virtual DJ with this?
What I've noticed when trying to map the midi controls in VDJ, is when assigning a button or control knob, that the assigned number (i.e. 1-13) is sometimes duplicated. For example, If I assign the Play/Pause button, it will also assign the scratch wheel as well? Very annoying and I have no idea why???

I will assume that it is only this application it is doing this in as the app that came with it works fine.

I've tried to use Traktor, but get a rather lovely blue screen of death as soon as I choose a midi controller. I will get that sorted out this weekend though.

I'm still happy with what it is and what I can do with it though
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
Apparently V-DJ 4 has native mappings for the BDJ but anything before that requires a bit of trickery to get going.
m3mbran3 +

Times thanked
<
Virtual DJ 4 was released last week without native support for bcd2000. There are pages of discussion in their forum by disgruntled users as it was promised that it would include native support. I'm holding out until either v-dj 4 or traktor works out of the box with the bcd2000. M-Audio torque will be released in a few months and it looks like it will be the best computer mixing program. Hopefully it will come with it's own version of the bcd2000 or at least come with native support.
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Fusion

Apparently V-DJ 4 has native mappings for the BDJ but anything before that requires a bit of trickery to get going.

I've tried a couple of maps and made my own, but it actually appears to be the physical controller itself.
Example, when choosing a Stop command, I have used the "Back to Top" button, but when this button is chosen, it turns out that the LOW EQ on deck 1 also has the same midi number.
I laughed when I first noticed it and thought, hmmm, is it the software or the hardware..... I'm still thinking about it now.

I'll check out vdj 4 as I'm currently using 3.2.

Thanks

Edit: I'll also check through the VDJ forums too, cheers for the tip.
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3mbran3

Virtual DJ 4 was released last week without native support for bcd2000.

One of the VDJ support team seems to think they've resolved/isolated the issue as being a result of people running other midi translators such a MidiYoke and also not properly uninstalling older versions of VDJ first.

http://www.xylio.com/site/forum/viewtopic.php?t=369

As for using Traktor, this works brilliantly:

http://cycokraut.wordpress.com/tag/bcd2000-and-traktor/

djDecks also has native BDJ support and is rock-stable but I still prefer the BDJ software, I don't have any issues running it on my PC and with a good custom skin like the CDJ1000 skin it gives me all the features I need without any hassles.
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

I really don't think it's your amp, it seems like the computer might be under too much load but it should be fine according to your system specs. I think there's a guide somewhere around here about optimising your PC for audio software, see if you can find it.

In the meantime I bundled up all my fave directX effects and skins for you (excluding the .dll effects you can download directly from the xylio site), grab it here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...exemail.com.au

Any chance you can repost that!!! It's expired!

Sorry for taking so long to get around to it.
Living the dream...
chico_brisbane +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Worked 20 hours this week, should have one of these bad boys within the month!
ekwipt +

Times thanked
<
Adion just released a DJ decks Version so that you can control all three decks on DJDECKS using the BCD2000 nice!
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
Tried using Virtual DJ 4.0, wow what a difference, they have sorted out all the issues that I had with the midi mapping on version 3.2 and also the minor hiccups that I would occasionaly see. It is also a much more solid robust application too.

It turns out that 3.2 couldn't tell the difference with the assigning of "Keys" to "Notes" that are used by the Behringer. (At least that is my interpretation of it anyway.)

I've created a basic midi map which I have attached should anyone want to use it.

To install it, go to Config > Remote Control (Enable Midi if you haven't already done so.) > Config > Load and then load the attached .xml file.

I haven't assigned all of the controllers yet and haven't fully played around with the Search forward and backward nor have I done much with and of the Loop In or Out, but it's a good start and I'm now very comfortable in using this device with VDJ 4.

Thanks all for your tips
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
chico_brisbane +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
StoreDJ has run out of them until the end of the month, oh well. At least I can save a bit more. Lightsounds wants $289...
m3mbran3 +

Times thanked
<
Thanks for the update Wiggum. I think when i get some money i might actually purchase the bcd2000 and v-dj 4 now and i'll be mixing like nobody's business.
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
I've been playing a lot more with this in the last week and a bit orf an update with VDJ 4.

After a couple of hours of using this device, I started to notice an interesting noise emitting from my speakers when turning a knob a using one of the faders (in fact, anything). At first I thought oh no, this might be an electrical fault or something similar, so started to slag it off quite a bit. I tried it on my laptop and on my desktop and got the same problem.

I also swapped sound cards, from the BDJ to the onboard sound card and the problem is still there. I also recorded a few tracks to see if the noise comes through on the recording and it does.

I then tried back in the application that it came with, BDJ and it doesn't do it, works perfectly as it should. Hopped back into VDJ 4 and the problem has gone, but came back after about 10 minutes of use.

So this has me thinking, is this an issue with VDJ and it's midi interpretation? Is it a fault with the unit? or is it just me?

It's quite possibly not worth worrying about, but I'd really like to use this controller with VDJ 4.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
It would appear that this a very common problem with VDJ 4 and USB midi controllers in general.

For the worlds slowest forum, info can be found here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/5467...ERING____.html

I'll try their suggestions and post an update later today
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
I haven't used VDJ much with my BCD yet, but here's a mix I did in BDJ:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...45F6716E2FFB34

1 (Intro) DJ Molla - I Don't Know (Alternative Mix)
2 Dallas Holloway - Red Wine Walls (Patrick Turner Mix)
3 Tahiti 80 - Big Day (Booka Shade Remix)
4 Solomun & Gebruder Ton - Bunte Blume
5 Jake Childs - Somebody's Watchin' Me
6 Ozgur can - let's do this again
7 Fairmont - gazebo (sebastien l ger remix)
8 Supermode - Tell Me Why (Patric and Timos Waiting for Sunrise Remix)
9 Super Flu - Switch Our Jumpers
10 Kirk Degiorgio pres Esoterik - Starwaves (Spirit Catchers Time Modulator Mix)
11 Nalin & Kane - Open Your Eyes [The Child Mix)
12 Graziano Avitabile - Nutshell
13 Random House Project - Freakin Me (Jon Gurd Remix)
14 Soulbrothers - Dasistdochgarnichtunserstil
15 Mashtronic - Force Original

90meg ~70mins
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<
Can somebody tell me how to change the pitch control?

I think fusion said it was set at 12% but I want it smaller as it's near impossible to get the bpm's exactly right. I can't find anywhere to change it????
Living the dream...
chico_brisbane +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
If you're using Virtual DJ go into Config, Options tab then change the pitch range at the bottom left. No idea about BDJ sorry
m3mbran3 +

Times thanked
<
Payday on Thursday, the local music store has them for $250 so i think i might have to pick one up. Hopefully this will be the inspiration to get me back into DJing. My PA speakers haven't been used for years.
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<
I'm using BDJ and can't find anywhere to change it.

Maybe I need to get my hands on Virtual DJ, although i'd have no idea how to hook it up with the BCD 2000
Living the dream...
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
I could've sworn it was under the main general options screen after you hit the 'config' button, isn't there a slider sitting at 12% which you can change to 8% or so? Or am I just trippin right off my guts?
Nams +

Times thanked
<
If you guys are serious about making thr BCD 2000 work with Traktor 3 check the link bellow
I've been using this setup for over a month with no problems, and lets admit it the BDJ software by Xylio is a joke

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/foru...=34513&page=31
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
Yep, already posted the direct link although I dont actually have any gripes or problems with the BDJ software. Here it is again..

http://cycokraut.wordpress.com/tag/bcd2000-and-traktor/

And if you can't be arsed going through Cycos setup steps here's an all-in-one installer for his Midi rules (but I haven't tested it yet)

http://bcd2000.blogspot.com/2006/09/...rules-per.html

Either way is heaps easier than using the Midiyoke/Bomes Midi Translator combo I've been using to get Traktor going for the past months...
Fear my latest tune.
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

I could've sworn it was under the main general options screen after you hit the 'config' button, isn't there a slider sitting at 12% which you can change to 8% or so? Or am I just trippin right off my guts?

Your talking about using the BCD 2000 with the BDJ software? I can't even find the general options screen. The only screen I can find is the one that sets up like the audio. Advanced or BCD etc.?
Living the dream...
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
Alright! We've found our problem then, looks like it was located somewhere between the chair and the keyboard all along hehe...

See here. Press this...

You get this...

You should be sorted now...
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
No probs cruisy, glad I could help.
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<
Fark, how big a tool do I feel like!

Thank-you so so so so so sooooo much Fusion!!!
Living the dream...
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<
Fusion you can't repost those effects you were going to send to me can you? Would love to be able to install them onto my BCD (are they hard to install?)
Living the dream...
DJ Fusion +

As real as it gets...

Times thanked
<
Yeah mate, I'll upload em again tonight for ya.
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<
Thanks!!

This time I'll be sure to d/l and install. Are they easy enough to install? I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to audio and computers
Living the dream...
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
bcd2000 and virtual dj 4, have I got it all sort of working...

Short answer, yes with a but.

It works ok, I used it this weekend quite successfully to DJ at my party, the quality was more than satisfactory, but I had to disable a few functions, that being the jog wheels and I couldn't get the headphone setup working properly.

I disabled the jog wheels as they really didn't jog or scratch anything, rather they forwarded through your track at a rapid rate making a really annoying screeching sound, better off without it, especially when using whilst drunk and stumbling about the place I also didn't use the pitch control to much either, as it to adjusts very quickly. I haven't at this stage bothered to play with the settings to make it a smaller increment, but I know that this can be done.

One thing I have noticed, that really shits me about this unit (And it's really the only thing) is the quality of the built in sound card, it's very poor. (Yes, a lot of you have bagged it no end, but I'm bored of hearing you all, let us be with this gear, it works fine as a midi controller) For example, when you start turning your EQ or Gain levels up, you start hearing some rather nasty distortion and it's definitely from the unit itself.
I now use the sound card output from my computer and use the BCD2000 as a midi controller only. Which I suppose does limit you in some ways.

Although in saying that, you can set up VDJ 4 to work quite well with your computers on board sound card if you have the right inputs and outputs like you would find on a desktop. Giving you full headphone control too.

I'm actually going to try this with my desktop later today and can let you know. I used my laptop on Saturday night with no headphones, but only as I really knew what my music was. Could pose a problem for some of you though, especially if you are used to the more traditional ways of djing.

There are a couple of bugs with VDJ4. I found that if I turned off "Safe Mode" it cleared nearly all of the errors that occured. The problems are to do with ANY midi controller connected to VDJ4 making an aweful scratching sound when you use a controller, but that should fix it. Let me know if it doesn't, more than happy to try and help. The default settings were changed by VDJ from versions 3.2 to 4 and they haven't said why?

I have found a version sitting here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KV3FJ2

As for the program that comes with it (Xylio I think), some really like it, but personally, I prefer VDJ, they really kind of got it right with this version for me.

As for the xml file that I am using, nothing has changed since the one that I posted earlier on in this thread, except that I have deleted the reference to the jog wheels.

Let me know how you get on, be keen to hear

One other thing to note, you cannot use any of the inputs on this device with VDJ, they are not supported. Not to sure if they will be either. Although I have done some trawling through the VDJ forums and they are saying that they may make the BCD2000 fully compatible, but no idea when this may or may not happen.

The other thing to think of if you are purchasing this unit, what do you really want to do with it? If you are just wanting something cheap to use when sitting at home like I do, then this may just be what you are looking for. But if you are wanting something that is remotely semi professional, then go and get something that is professional, you will be so much happier. as I don't think that this will meet your needs, you'd be better off looking at something like Serato

More on that topic can be found in this thread: http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/sho...hp?p=390143628
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
prosthetixxx +

Times thanked
<
This is a tad O/T, but I thought it was better to ask here than start a new thread.
Is the mic preamp on the BCD crap? I wouldn't expect it to be good at all, but I'm just wondering if it's clean enough to record a bit of vocals occasionally.
cruisysloth +

Living the dream..

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Yeah mate, I'll upload em again tonight for ya.

Still waiting
Living the dream...
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by prosthetixxx

This is a tad O/T, but I thought it was better to ask here than start a new thread.
Is the mic preamp on the BCD crap? I wouldn't expect it to be good at all, but I'm just wondering if it's clean enough to record a bit of vocals occasionally.

I haven't tried it and won't get the chance to do so for a couple of weeks now as I am moving house shortly.

But...

Going by the way this thing can distort at low volume when using the onboard sound card for general use, I would be quite hesitant about using to record anything. I could be completely wrong though. Only one way to find out hey.

Also, I haven't checked if the Mic preamp works indepently or not. The headphones certainly don't.

If you are looking for a cheap recording option, maybe use the mic input on your computer?
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
djtoastytraxx +

On the board walk......

Times thanked
<
Is there any way to set up the soundcard so it sends the manipulated signal back through the soundcard and USB cable into the PC, into a recording program, while you have the B DJ software, whatever, playing?

Iam thinking it would be impossible to have two signals going both ways through the soundcard, am i correct?

It should just do to save buying another soundcard.
chico_brisbane +

ITM Contributor

Times thanked
<
Thought i'd give this a bump and see how everyone is going with their units. I'll be grabbing one just as semester ends. Don't think it will be a great help having one during exams.
oliosky +

Steel City Resident

Times thanked
<
Got mine on friday. Its really good fun. Had a few issues with the updated software though with constant clipping of the mp3s. Not sure what thats all about but i just uninstalled and went back to the first version of the software and the issue went away. The comment about the EQs is spot on though, they roll off fucking quick, especially the mids. I think I'll try another update of the software tonight, or just use Traktor 3.

I'm also thinking I might just this thing as a CDJ replacement for the time being (being the tightarse that i am) and use the master out as a line in on my Tascam XS8 as hooking up my 2TTs to the BCD feels a bit weird... Really enjoying adding MP3s and loops to my mixes though
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<
Got mine nearly all sorted.

I have it set up using the 2 sound card option, where I only use the BDJ for headphones and I use my laptops sound card which is surprisingly goodfor the main output. Shits all over the crap sound card in my desktop.

(Where it says Primary Sound Card, it should say BDJ-2000, I didn't have it connected at the time I took the screen grab.)

I have also given up with the software that it came with, it just doesn't do it for me.

I did find a shareware app called "DJ Decks" that also works a treat, no need to assign anything, it works straight out of the box and is quite simple to use. It also has a 3rd deck which can be handy.

I still think it's a good unit for what it's worth
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music
Music_Pirate +

Times thanked
<
First of all, I must say that google video of the Behringer rep playing around with the BCD sold me on the idea, i thought it looked really cheap and stupid but he proved me wrong (as did those in this thread, great stuff!)

I am looking at getting into DJing and this just seems like a great place to start with the BCD!

I just had a few questions if you in the thread don't mind asnwering them

1. I noticed at hte back of the amp there is a master out which i prosume just goes to your source (an amp in most cases) but the Analogue Inputs (the two rca's), can this allow me to plug in other sources such as 2 decks, 2 cdj's or whatnot?

2. Is Behringer a good brand in general? I was looking at their mixers and when i saw the product originally it looked really cheap (combined with the price) which put me off it a bit. But from the responces in this thread it sounds like an awsome unit, so would I be safe to say the brand and the actual BCD isnt quiet to bad?

3.If i were to get this, would it be as good as say a sub $200 mixer if i were to use it with decks?

Looking forward to your great replies hehe

Cheers,

Jason
Ralph Wiggum +

Registered Techno User

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Music_Pirate

1. I noticed at hte back of the amp there is a master out which i prosume just goes to your source (an amp in most cases) but the Analogue Inputs (the two rca's), can this allow me to plug in other sources such as 2 decks, 2 cdj's or whatnot?

Yes, the master output may be used on the back of this device. Be warned, it is not very powerful and has a tendancy to distort at low levels. At least mine does. Some applications will allow you to choose your output devices, like VDJ4. (See previous post re 2x sound cards)

There are a couple of ways to set this device up and they are dependant on the application (Music program) you are using:

Xylio, the application that it comes with, is the only way that you can use the onboard inputs to connect 2x phono inputs, or 1x phono and 2x cdj/mp3/other source (There is only 1 switchable input.)

If you choose to use any other program (VDJ, (Traktor that I know of) DJ Decks, etc.), you cannot use these inputs.
In my opinion, that kind of blows goats, as I would love to use them with VDJ4.

Quote:

2. Is Behringer a good brand in general? I was looking at their mixers and when i saw the product originally it looked really cheap (combined with the price) which put me off it a bit. But from the responces in this thread it sounds like an awsome unit, so would I be safe to say the brand and the actual BCD isnt quiet to bad?

In my opinion, Behringer make eletronic devices that don't have to create sound well. What they don't do well, is the quality of anything that has to creat or produce a sound.
Like the onboard sound card on this device. Suprisingly, the headphone preamp, is very good.
I have used a variety of Behringer mixing desks over the years for corporate installs and they have all served their purpose well. If anything else, their faders are weak as, but you do get used to them, like anything else.

Quote:

3.If i were to get this, would it be as good as say a sub $200 mixer if i were to use it with decks?

No. I don't think you should purchase this as a replacement to a standard mixer, more of an addition to what you already have/want.

Hope that helps you
Effin See

Rav

Frisky Music

« Previous Thread Next Thread »