Assange to be extradited to Sweden

Page 1 of 2
  Tools
moojins +

Times thanked
< 225
Assange to be extradited to Sweden
http://www.thelocal.se/32238/20110224/

"Lawyers for the 39-year-old Australian...said following the ruling they planned to file an appeal."

"In handing down his ruling, Judge Riddle told onlookers that the crimes Assange is alleged to have committed meet the criteria for extradition"

"Former computer hacker Assange says the claims against him, made by two women he met during a seminar organised by the whistleblowing website in August last year, are politically motivated because of the work of WikiLeaks."

"Riddle also dismissed arguments that Assange could not face a fair trial as some evidence would be held behind closed doors, and that it was possible he would be re-extradited to the United States where he could face the death penalty."

Not looking good for ol' Assange. If Goolia is going to step up and support an Australian citizen then now is the time.
robin78 +

no

Times thanked
< 61
It's pretty incredible when you think about how democratic congressmen in the US are now trying to have Jonathan Pollard freed.

The whole thing is a fucking joke.
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,021
fuck, imagine he gets sent to the US and executed.

that would be the most mind blowing shit ever. The US would truly have become un-fuck-with-able
Listen to your friend Cheely Zane
He is a cool guy...
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749
'unfuckwithable' haha!

yeah although if that happened i imagine some hell would break loose.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
custaro +

Thirsty Critter

Times thanked
< 698
I think he has pretty good chances on appeal.

This stage was very much about upholding the European Arrest Warrant. If the UK wants 'criminals' extradited to their shores, their judges have to hold up their end of the deal when other European countries request the same.
you're in my hut now
Astro-Boy +

Times thanked
< 23,280

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheelWinston View Post

Then the time to deploy my genetically engineered kangaroo death squads will have finally arrived.

They're coming for you, America.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heraclitus

Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 16,159

Quote:

that would be the most mind blowing shit ever. The US would truly have become un-fuck-with-able

That would be fairly exceptional. There have only been three Federal executions in the US since 1963 (Timothy McVeigh, Juan Garza & Louis Jones, Jr.) All under the presidency of GW Bush.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,021

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy View Post

'unfuckwithable' haha!

yeah although if that happened i imagine some hell would break loose.

yeah it'd probably be like before the Iraq War, when there was global protests and hundreds of thousands of people came out to peacefully protest. Then it would go ahead anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie

That would be fairly exceptional. There have only been three Federal executions in the US since 1963 (Timothy McVeigh, Juan Garza & Louis Jones, Jr.) All under the presidency of GW Bush.

yeah, I realise it's a pretty remote possibility at best, hence the mind blowingness
He is a cool guy...
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,021

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro-Boy View Post

Then the time to deploy my genetically engineered kangaroo death squads will have finally arrived.

They're coming for you, America.

that dude needs to work on his war face
He is a cool guy...
dotDNA +

Interested Observer

Times thanked
< 18
im going to build a remote control 747, pack it with cowshit and fly it into the us embassy.
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749
i'm not sure if wikileaks has as much to do with the following clip as stephen colbert says, but here's his report about the recent event where anonymous ripped a security firm's managing director (and supposed security expert) a new arsehole.

http://ca.gawker.com/5769950/colbert...a-hornets-nest

the funniest thing is that the anonymous person who initially broke into this company was a 16 year old girl. ain't that some shit!

so i guess to tie things in with this thread, wikileaks seems somewhat protected. it's just a shame anonymous can't do anything to help assange right now.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
Elliot G +

Times thanked
< 36
Saw this for the first time last night, and it is now little wonder the US want Assange so desperately.

http://www.collateralmurder.com/

Horrifying stuff.
dig72 +

Life's too short, be good

Times thanked
< 43
Once Assange has past his used by date, he may very well be murdered. But it won't be done via any US legal system.

It'll be a professional hit of some kind and carried out by all the usual suspects.

The man knows too much in terms of the whole setup and isn't capable of remaining silent forever.
"In this tragic age, I am sometimes happy."
CheelWinston +

not a cop

Times thanked
< 2,021
wat

while I approve of what Wikileaks is doing, do you really think Assange has intimate knowledge of some sort of government super conspiracy?

he hasn't done much more than facilitate the leaking of a few (thousand) semi-classified, embarrassing documents at this stage.

mind you I wouldn't be surprised to see him bumped off, but not cos he knows too much, X Files style.
He is a cool guy...
rancho +

Oooooooh such a good time

Times thanked
< 7,092
yeah that's some serious tin foil hat shit right there. all he did was set up an anonymous drop box and market it really well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrardscott View Post

well, according to dictionary.com
chilli is hot pepper food etc.
chilly is cold temperature.

walkdogz +

Times thanked
< 510
He'll have to get bodygaurds when he's (hopefully) out.
dig72 +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

while I approve of what Wikileaks is doing, do you really think Assange has intimate knowledge of some sort of government super conspiracy

No, not on that level.

I believe the documents were deliberately cherry picked, many modified then "leaked" by the traitors in the US government, with Manning being the victim and wiki/Assange as the messenger, pusher of the many truths, lies and disinformation.

Quote:

he hasn't done much more than facilitate the leaking of a few (thousand) semi-classified, embarrassing documents at this stage.

He's done a bit more than just that, he is now the public face of wikileaks and without a doubt one of the most famous, talked about human being on the planet. Some even suggested that he should've been named man of the year in 2010. He has huge following and is very influential.

In one interview he stated publicly, " I'm constantly annoyed that people are distracted by false conspiracies such as 9/11, when all around we provide evidence of real conspiracies, for war or mass financial fraud".

He was either knowingly lying through his teeth when making such claim or is so far removed from reality, that one must question if all is ok in the upstairs department.

Last edited by dig72: 28-Feb-11 at 08:15pm

Reason: Optional

dig72 +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

yeah that's some serious tin foil hat shit right there. all he did was set up an anonymous drop box and market it really well.

Not at all.
gravyishot +

this stupid facebook bar at the bottom is for ****s

Times thanked
< 837

Quote:

Originally Posted by dig72 View Post

In one interview he stated publicly, " I'm constantly annoyed that people are distracted by false conspiracies such as 9/11, when all around we provide evidence of real conspiracies, for war or mass financial fraud".

He was either knowingly lying through his teeth when making such claim or is so far removed from reality, that one must question if all is ok in the upstairs department.

Oh, for fucks sake. Let it go, you crackpot.

No one cares about 9/11 any more.
rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,092

Quote:

I believe the documents were deliberately cherry picked, many modified then "leaked" by the traitors in the US government, with Manning being the victim and wiki/Assange as the messenger, pusher of the many truths, lies and disinformation

let me guess, next you're going to tell me we never landed on the moon? that the earth is flat? the reptilians are controlling us?

you guys crack me up.

Quote:

Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749
don't forget - he has the 'insurance' file. if he dies, it will be in some sort of blaze of glory. might be interesting!

once again, rancho, fucking hell, i'm typing all this while looking at your avatar. cannot .... turn.... away....!
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
dig72 +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravyishot View Post

Oh, for fucks sake. Let it go, you crackpot.

When there's nothing left to say.

Quote:

No one cares about 9/11 any more.

Speak for yourself.
dig72 +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancho View Post

let me guess, next you're going to tell me we never landed on the moon? that the earth is flat? the reptilians are controlling us?

What ever makes you happy Rancho.
big eddie +

Got soju?

Times thanked
< 16,159

Quote:

Speak for yourself.

It really is only the wingnuts these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotamangina View Post

I hate it when you're right and I'm not.

dig72 +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

don't forget - he has the 'insurance' file. if he dies, it will be in some sort of blaze of glory. might be interesting!

He has absolutely nothing that will topple governments, leaders or cause people to revolt.
The US government know exactly what files wiki/Assange have in their possesions and it appears that they aren't too concerned about them.
It'll be business as usual for those guys.
dig72 +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eddie View Post

It really is only the wingnuts these days.

Chinese?
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749

Quote:

He has absolutely nothing that will topple governments, leaders or cause people to revolt.
The US government know exactly what files wiki/Assange have in their possesions and it appears that they aren't too concerned about them.

is this common knowledge that i've somehow overlooked, or do you have inside info? spill the beans, son!
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
kance +

Times thanked
< 13
The US have not made any legal request for him to be deported yet.
moojins +

Times thanked
< 225

Quote:

The insurance file doesn't contain super secret super damaging information, it's just stuff that Wikileaks haven't released yet. Most likely it contains information along a similar vein to what is already published there.
kance +

Times thanked
< 13

Quote:

It's all smoke and mirrors with Assange isn't it.
Funny how Wikileaks has connections to the Open Society Institue that was founded by Geroge Soros. What makes me laugh more are Assanges followers that will scream human rights abuse because they think he is doing the world some big favour.
robin78 +

no

Times thanked
< 61

Quote:

Originally Posted by kance View Post

Funny how Wikileaks has connections to the Open Society Institue that was founded by Geroge Soros. What makes me laugh more are Assanges followers that will scream human rights abuse because they think he is doing the world some big favour.

So how much are they paying you?
horst +

Times thanked
< 438

Quote:

He is doing the world a big favour, he's has virtually sacrificed his life to expose the abuse of power by people in positions of power. And if you think exposing corruption isn't that important then go to any country that is rich in resources but where most people are still desperately poor, it is because corruption has decimated people's trust in each other, which is vital because a society simply can't function without the confidence that people will do the right thing by each other.
And if you think Assange has some sort of adgenda, well so what, and if he is doing this out of altruism or for pure ego is also irrelevant to the act itself.
What is important is that there is an avenue for people to publish information that would be detrimental to society if not exposed, and now that openleaks has started up it shows that the cat is pretty much out off bag, for each site that might be closed down there will be 100 people more willing to open up another one.
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749

Quote:

Originally Posted by moojins View Post

The insurance file doesn't contain super secret super damaging information, it's just stuff that Wikileaks haven't released yet. Most likely it contains information along a similar vein to what is already published there.

yeah.. i suppose it just makes killing him a pointless effort.

anyway there's bound to be something pretty juicy in there from the last 2 decades.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
custaro +

Thirsty Critter

Times thanked
< 698

Quote:

SOROS!!! The puppet master!! I KNEW IT!!!

you're in my hut now
rancho +

Times thanked
< 7,092

Quote:

The US have not made any legal request for him to be deported yet.

deported? im sure you mean extradited. that's probably because they haven't yet found anything they can attempt to charge him with.

Quote:

dig72 +

Times thanked
< 43

Quote:

is this common knowledge that i've somehow overlooked, or do you have inside info? spill the beans, son!

No insider info of any kind.

If I was in genuine fear for my life, I would not be giving public speeches, ever. I would not be whoring myself out to the media at every opportunity. And I sure as hell wouldn't be having "unprotected sex" with two complete strangers, no matter how hot they are.

Btw, I don't believe he is guilty of "rape". The trap was set with the use of two slappers and Assange fell for it.

The very fact that he is still able to open his mouth and say whatever he wants, whenever he wants to, suggests to me that he is nothing but a pain in the ass for the decision makers.
kance +

Times thanked
< 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by horst View Post

He is doing the world a big favour, he's has virtually sacrificed his life to expose the abuse of power by people in positions of power. And if you think exposing corruption isn't that important then go to any country that is rich in resources but where most people are still desperately poor, it is because corruption has decimated people's trust in each other, which is vital because a society simply can't function without the confidence that people will do the right thing by each other.
And if you think Assange has some sort of adgenda, well so what, and if he is doing this out of altruism or for pure ego is also irrelevant to the act itself.
What is important is that there is an avenue for people to publish information that would be detrimental to society if not exposed, and now that openleaks has started up it shows that the cat is pretty much out off bag, for each site that might be closed down there will be 100 people more willing to open up another one.

Wow, you seem very passionate about Julian. Where have you been? There are many, many researchers that have exposed corruption, abuse of power, wrong doings - if you will. Where was their coverage? Why is Assange treated like a hero? Assange comes across as a well educated, exposure of all things wrong dressed in a suit, and with all the publicity and the way he has been portrayed in the media, of course the average Jo is going to side with him. People think they can trust him and he isn't just some crazy conspiracy theorist. The cat has been out of the bag for a very long time but no-one seemed to care that much until he came along. Perhaps the positive to come out of the Assange story is that more average Jo's will endeavour to conduct their own investigations into topics of interest to come to their own conclusions and not rely on one site for all their information.
kance +

Times thanked
< 13

Quote:

No insider info of any kind.

If I was in genuine fear for my life, I would not be giving public speeches, ever. I would not be whoring myself out to the media at every opportunity. And I sure as hell wouldn't be having "unprotected sex" with two complete strangers, no matter how hot they are.

Btw, I don't believe he is guilty of "rape". The trap was set with the use of two slappers and Assange fell for it.

The very fact that he is still able to open his mouth and say whatever he wants, whenever he wants to, suggests to me that he is nothing but a pain in the ass for the decision makers.

"If law fails, CIA will assassinate Assange"

Media Player
kance +

Times thanked
< 13

Quote:

Originally Posted by robin78 View Post

So how much are they paying you?

I get food stamps............
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749
haha! former reagan admin huh? this yeehaww yankee would kill anyone who didn't god bless america...

the cia: always assassinating people.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
horst +

Times thanked
< 438

Quote:

Wow, you seem very passionate about Julian. Where have you been? There are many, many researchers that have exposed corruption, abuse of power, wrong doings - if you will. Where was their coverage? Why is Assange treated like a hero? Assange comes across as a well educated, exposure of all things wrong dressed in a suit, and with all the publicity and the way he has been portrayed in the media, of course the average Jo is going to side with him. People think they can trust him and he isn't just some crazy conspiracy theorist. The cat has been out of the bag for a very long time but no-one seemed to care that much until he came along. Perhaps the positive to come out of the Assange story is that more average Jo's will endeavour to conduct their own investigations into topics of interest to come to their own conclusions and not rely on one site for all their information.

I think you are really out of your depth here
borrisGLOWSTICK +

Shinra Rocket no.26

Times thanked
< 7,333

Quote:

haha! former reagan admin huh? this yeehaww yankee would kill anyone who didn't god bless america...

the cia: always assassinating people.

Did you even watch the video after the cia would kill him line? That yeehaww yankee was defending Assange, asking why the swedes have re-opened a shut case etc...not calling for his death......
Crazy people are ace doorslammers.

Full dark, no stars.
Mickstah +

"Science needs to be applied to beds"

Times thanked
< 3,624

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrisGLOWSTICK View Post

Did you even watch the video after the cia would kill him line? That yeehaww yankee was defending Assange, asking why the swedes have re-opened a shut case etc...not calling for his death......

I was guilty of that until I read this
ಥ_ಥ - - - - - - - - - - - -ಠ_

"She was like a candle in the wind... unreliable."
Dean Learner
Trase Love:
O Mick you are so cool
More cooler than a dolphin
Let's hug me

Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749
haha yeah, sorry. i'll have another look.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
Spicy +

Spergbot 3000

Times thanked
< 749
so, assange is going to sweden. what's the chance that he'll then go to the US where they fuck him up? then, what's the chance he releases the security code for that epic 'insurance' leak he has up his sleeve? then, what's the chance of a nuclear holocaust? then, what's the chance of us going underground to anti-nuclear vaults? then, what's the chance of one vault running out of water due to a faulty water chip? then, what's the chance of a vault dweller from said vault resurfacing to find a working water chip?
at this point they're above 0, i reckon.
┌П┐(►_◄)┌П┐
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,084

Quote:

so, assange is going to sweden. what's the chance that he'll then go to the US where they fuck him up? then, what's the chance he releases the security code for that epic 'insurance' leak he has up his sleeve? then, what's the chance of a nuclear holocaust? then, what's the chance of us going underground to anti-nuclear vaults? then, what's the chance of one vault running out of water due to a faulty water chip? then, what's the chance of a vault dweller from said vault resurfacing to find a working water chip?
at this point they're above 0, i reckon.

As long as Kimmy Kardashian is ok then it's all franks n beans with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
Nardo +

nobody's fault but yours

Times thanked
< 35
i hope someone locks the traitor up, beats the shit out of him and teaches him that freedom is one thing, but that acting against the interests of your country and it's allies doesn't deserve a medal. in fact far from it.
jdoodle +

in on the killtaker

Times thanked
< 2,321
Team America
Fuckyeah
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill
Davomaxi +

No. Money Down!

Times thanked
< 1,084

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardo View Post

i hope someone locks the traitor up, beats the shit out of him and teaches him that freedom is one thing, but that acting against the interests of your country and it's allies doesn't deserve a medal. in fact far from it.

Couldn't agree more son, in fact if I had my way we'd be locking up kids manditorily at the age of 11 and beating freedom into them for 6 months so they understand what freedom is all about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianwil1976 View Post

I killed all my family because they wouldn't suck my dick.

Medium Rurrrr!

See my blog http://ecentreofexcellence.blogspot.com.au/
Abziie +

Times thanked
< 59
The lesson to be learned from all this is that you should always secretly tape all your random sexual encounters.
Page 1 of 2

« Previous Thread Next Thread »