< 1,816
That '04 gig was mental
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/simon-murphy 2 new mixes online now
Facebook: http://facebook.com/djsimonmurphy
Substance/Prognosis: http://substancesounds.net
spazzy99 +

Times thanked
< 4
I thought the 2008 (Stereosonic) gig was awesome, then following Vitalic's 2hr set was DJ Hell smashed a 3hr set to close the techno shed. Mind blowing!

Last edited by spazzy99: 02-May-12 at 09:21pm

inter08 +

Times thanked
< 66
Giuseppe JIZZSEPPED it was the highlight of the day...A&B were great but didn't have high expectations of them for this festival as I was hoping for a lot of there classics but got GT which I didn't mind...had my Above&Beyond top on going crazy to everysong played and people looked at me weird which I couldn't give a F*** because they were lost at the time....was a great day really enjoyed everyplace I went to... Majik Afterparty was great apart from the CDJss FUkN up durin Sied van riels set he went through 4 mixers...W&W were phenomal great day / night/ morning
kool_kimbo +

Times thanked
< 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by marth View Post

Kabuki stage
-Okay, never at a festival have I ever had to lineup to get inside a stage I only managed get in after cutting to the front.. Not a good sign for punters. (Okay I lied SS2011@SYD, Mainstage ANZ Stadium was 'full' at 3 pm but got in after lining up for about 20 minutes [FYI ANZ Stadium Capacity: 80 000+].
-Why was the trance stage indoor to begin with?
->The most ridiculous part is there was a line for W&W (200+ people) that moved with 10-15 people only every 5 minutes. At 4pm the Kabuki stage was full. There was a line that didnt move at all. You had to push in to the front before the security could see you.
-Forfeited GO for DG to meetup with friends bored out of their mind [Worst choice ever made at a music festival]

Overall I paid ~$110 to see W&W blast the stage while Alesso, DG and A&B were disapointments.

What the heck is with a line up into the Kabuki stage????? Its pretty obvious that the festival lineup is going to rake in mostly trance fans so the Kabuki stage was always gunna be a hit. Never had to face a lineup going into a festival stage thats just ridiculous! How small was this room?

I am hoping its not the same case this Sunday for Gold Coast Creamfields. I'm pretty sure its all outside or in tents.
Fat_Boy +

Times thanked
< 1
So like Sydney no real active Creamfields thread for Brisbane / Gold Coast. A&B finished about an hr ago. Here is the track list I got. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mozart. Breaking ties. Speed. Swoon. On my way to heaven. Thing called love. ID. You got to go. Gypsy room. Personal Jesus. Air for life. Bloom. *Sun and moon. Prelude. Good day.*

I actually didn't mind the set despite the neg feedback from sydney and Melbourne.

GO on in 10 woot'
Muwaha
Chrisdude +

Times thanked
< 84
Sounds exactly the same as Melbourne. It was a good set. Enjoy Giuseppe there was no better way to end the night!!
Fat_Boy +

Times thanked
< 1
Yeah. He's killing it so far. No foreplay just straight in lol. Linking ppl sooooo good
Muwaha
Fat_Boy +

Times thanked
< 1
GOLD COAST CREAMFIELDS:

Lol at guy telling GO he had 5 minutes to go. Dickhead. So he smashed out no more alone in its entirety. Longer than 5 minutes. Eat that ha ha.

GO didn't disappoint gold coast. Great way to finish the night. So glad the majority went to see guetta left the trance stage with some really cool people there dancing and hands in the air love it. Bit disappointed they didn't break out the lasers for GO considering they had them going for tritonal?!?

GO's set was pretty much the Melbourne one with some track swaps. Highlights linking ppl. Sanctuary and no more alone.

Didn't mind a&b outside on the main stage at all. Sound (I thought) was pretty decent even 50 m or so back. Really wasn't much dancing from the crowd except for the big tracks. Most of the crowd just swayed (trance duh) which I didn't mind. Trance stage never got full full do it was perfect! Sound was nice n loud. Sied was Sied. Didn't really get into w&w. Tritonal were ok.

As posted above. A&b set from gold coast:

Mozart. Breaking ties. Speed. Swoon. On my way to heaven. Thing called love. ID. You got to go. Gypsy room. Personal Jesus. Air for life. Bloom. *Sun and moon. Prelude. Good day.*

Each to their own. I'm glad I went but I think that's it for me festival wise. Felt so old there ha ha. Usual roided up tattoed guys and girls in way way too short shorts. Not too many minted punters I saw. Just the usual. Not a fan of the drink queues. But to be expected right?!? Great afternoon. 8/10

Last edited by Fat_Boy: 07-May-12 at 12:22am

marth +

Times thanked
< 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by kool_kimbo View Post

What the heck is with a line up into the Kabuki stage????? Its pretty obvious that the festival lineup is going to rake in mostly trance fans so the Kabuki stage was always gunna be a hit. Never had to face a lineup going into a festival stage thats just ridiculous! How small was this room?

I am hoping its not the same case this Sunday for Gold Coast Creamfields. I'm pretty sure its all outside or in tents.

Yeah pretty much the Kabuki stage was inside a club called 'The Hi-Fi'... I've never been to a proper club in Melbourne but I'd say 1000 people, 2 levels. It was part of the venue Fox Studios, so they booked it out as it was convenient (they obviously didn't think of the demand for W&W)

But the problem with an indoor venue is lining up for safety reasons like overcrowding, breach of capacity (I was surprised no one bull-rushed it). And I'd imagine at least 200-300 fans missed out because the line barely moved even when i was lining up.

How was Gold Coast CF?
Page 13 of 13

« Previous Thread Next Thread »