Sydney

Loosekaboose Presents DEEPCHILD LIVE @ Goodgod - Fri June Long w/e

All About:

All About

+Follow

Add Follows

Stay informed about your favourite artists and events. We'll email you whenever there is new events, news or content posted about your favourite things. Simply select those you want to be notified about View my Follows |  Follow Settings

• Good God Small Club
  • Deepchild
  • Trinity
  • Jimi Polar
  • Jay Smalls
Cancel Finish

Description:

As a core member of the Trapez recording-artist roster, Deepchild remains firmly rooted in an exploration of “post-Detroit” machine-music-bass-heavy, insistent, angular, raw, noisy and dub-laden techno. Whilst he has supported the likes of Stacey Pullen, Troy Peirce (MINUS), Justin...

Tools
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57
Loosekaboose Presents DEEPCHILD LIVE @ Goodgod - Fri June Long w/e
'Loosekaboose' one of Sydney's longest running techno nights makes its debut at Goodgod Smallclub with the reappearance of one of Australia’s biggest music exports DEEPCHILD [Trapez/Get Physical/Freerange] performing one of his world renowned techno funk fuelled LIVE sets.......

As a core member of the Trapez recording-artist roster, Deepchild remains firmly rooted in an exploration of “post-Detroit” machine-music-bass-heavy, insistent, angular, raw, noisy and dub-laden techno. Whilst he has supported the likes of Stacey Pullen, Troy Peirce (MINUS), Justin Martin (Dirtybird), Ivan Smagghe, Matthias Tanzman (Moon Harbour), Basic Soul Unit and Adam Beyer and produced #1-sellers for Anabatic Records, Resopal Schallware, Opossum Records and Thoughtless Music, Deepchild is a world class headliner is his own right.

Deepchild is now a major player on the world techno stage, performing regularly at Berlin institutions such as Berghain, Panoramabar, Tressor, Watergate and Dice as well as festivals such as EXIT and Sonar, when he returns to Sydney, he likes to call Loosekaboose home.

Our second special guest for the night is prominent 90's underground house DJ Ben Feggans, returning to the decks for an extremely rare set. Ben was a regular at parties such as Tweakin and Sabotage alongside the likes of Simon Caldwell, Phil Smart and Sugar Ray, as well as holding down a residency at Chinese Laundry back in its glory days. Ben also ran his own night with Nick Field called 'Circles' at Club77, and cannot wait to play some of his classic acid, house and techno tunes from the last two decades in the early hours of the morning.

Our two special guests will be supported by Loosekaboose residents Jimi Polar (Future Classic), Trinity (Pinksilver) and Jay Smalls [The Box]

Whats on: http://www.inthemix.com.au/whatson/s...Deepchild_Live
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
Subsonic Music +

Subsonic Music Festival: 7,8,9,10 DECEMBER

Times thanked
< 19
Nice work!

Looking like Queens Birthday is going to be a big weekend already!

Friday- Loose Kaboose
Monday- End of the Line

I'm praying nothing grabs my attention on the sat night as i am really hurting today. Can't handle the big nights anymore...
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subsonic Music View Post

Monday- End of the Line

Last End of the Line party was off the hook!
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
definedbyrhythm +

Disconnect yourself

Times thanked
< 199
Plus Chris Liebing on Saturday! What a weekend!

Great work Trinity. Rick always brings the awesomeness
mags +

Times thanked
< 146
Looking forward to finally catching Rick's live show!
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57
Cheap RA Tix are now available!
Cheap $15 tix now available on RA for Loosekaboose feat Deepchild @ Goodgod. Only a handful available, grab them before they go! ♥

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?365611
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
weekender +

Times thanked
< 543
Nice....

Tweakin' ... sniff.
"Old enough to know better"
slab +

Times thanked
< 11
get loose! get deep! get ready for rick!
thunderbot +

Times thanked
< 24
Soooo pumped for this. This podcast is off da chain.
http://freakin.podomatic.com/entry/2...01_53_44-07_00
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57
Media Player
deepchild LIVE @ Fuzzy Field Day 2009, Main Stage - YouTube

DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57
Your chance for free double pass to the next Loosekaboose.....All you have to do is follow this link and tell Pulse Radio your name and tell them why you HAVE to be there!

http://pulseradio.net/articles/2012/...ild-at-goodgod
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57
Media Player
deepchild "Chocolate Dub" (2001) - YouTube

Such a beautiful track by Rick, hasn't aged a day
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57
Jimi playing Deepchilds Fractures track at Subsonic

Media Player
Jimi Polar playing Deepchilds Fractures at Subsonic - YouTube
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57
2nd release tix avail on Resident Advisor
Only 4 more sleeps

$20+BF Pre sale tix available on Resident Advisor, otherwise more on the door http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?365611
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57
Set time announcement!
Set times for Friday night

10.00-11.30 Jay Smalls
11.30-1 Trinity
1-2.30 Jimi Polar (Future Classic)
2.30-4.30 DEEPCHILD LIVE (Trapez)
4.30-6 Ben Feggans

See you there on the dancefloor
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
pandapro +

Jay Smalls...

Times thanked
< 23
Can't wait for Friday! Spent a little too long getting lost in music today familiarising myself with some tunes, rather than working. Suspect tomorrow will bring more of the same...
  • 01/12: Smash Bang Records label night
  • 07/12: Subsonic Music Festival
  • 14/12: Tsuba label night
[THE BOX] / Loosekaboose / Subsonic / Mixes
DarkChild +

Times thanked
< 11
great work renae and nice to see rick Deepchild back in town and doing a live show
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57
Its Loosekaboose day

Last chance for pre-sale tix, cut off is 5pm, see you there <3 http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?365611
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
thunderbot +

Times thanked
< 24
BOOOO. Due to Deepchild playing so late/early we unfortunately can't make it anymore - was expecting him to be on around midnight/one am - but I guess they don't call him DEEPCHILD for nothing. FUCKING SUCKS. Is there a way for us to transfer our tickets to someone else? If anyone wants them, will offload for $15 a piece. GUTTED
thunderbot +

Times thanked
< 24
So How Was It? :-(
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
< 218
Got to admit it was a pretty fun night. Very mixed crowd, with some very fun and familiar faces, but also some entertaining misfits. My favourite being the girl who decided to dance and grind up against the DJ booth, I thought it would be polite to shove a fiver down her boobtube (or maybe it was a dress?), but then her male friend jumped up behind her so that he could grind himself on her. It was very confusing at that point, as he was gay. I waited for his friend to grind him, and then we could all start a giant conga-grinding line....

Deepchild was having a lot of fun up there, and he delievered a solid set, but I felt that after the absolute cracker of a set and energy that Jimi Polar had laid down, it made it seem like Rick has spent to much time in Berlin, and failed to deliver enough soulfullness and funk/oomph in his set.

The sound system in there remains a fucking joke, if it has any virtue whatsoever, perhaps it will be at an outdoor party - but certainly not in tht venue.
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderbot View Post

So How Was It? :-(

Good, great, excellent! Pretty busy most of the night except for the end when the crowd seemed to thin out a little. All the DJ's were in fine form i have to say, great music all night and visuals were top notch too! Photos to come soon.
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmenyC View Post

The sound system in there remains a fucking joke, if it has any virtue whatsoever, perhaps it will be at an outdoor party - but certainly not in tht venue.

Sound system was a bit harsh i have to say, i think its mainly the acoustics of the venue. I spoke to a friend who suggested some drapes in the room might help as well as proper tuning of the system by the sound person at the venue.
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
< 218
Trinity, they've been heckled for 2 years or more about the sound and they just refuse to do anything substantial about it, and refuse to let people come in and use their own sound. One can soundcheck, but at a gig like yours, with a live format, it's hard.

It's such a pity, because I find your music and the parties you programme really encourage such beautiful and atmospheric soundscapes

Anyway, if one needed to feel better about sound, one just needed 5 minutes on the front room dancefloor. WTF is wrong with kids these days?
mags +

Times thanked
< 146
I don't reckon it was all that bad, JImmeny, to be honest. Sure, a little muddy in the mid to bottom end, but nothing that can't be tuned out and/or absorbed. I've heard it sound stellar twice this year.

Last edited by mags: 12-Jun-12 at 07:31pm

Trinitydj +

Times thanked
< 57
Photos are up

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1505653&type=1
DJ Trinity//Trinity LIVE

website & facebook page

« Previous Thread Next Thread »